Sponsored by: DP Tuner

PSD CPS recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
fphilli11
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSD CPS recall

I recieved my recall notice a few weeks ago for the CPS that I had already replaced. I took the repair bill of the non Ford dealer shop I had the work done at and Brighton Ford sent it in to Ford and I am getting 80% of the bill back in a check. I hope you all get the same service if you have had yours replaced. When my truck was having issues this forum is where I got the heads up to change the sensor. Thanks to all.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Mrs.Decker
Freshman User
I think that you should have got it all back... They paid for all of ours

Old 04-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, 80% reimbursement isn't right, unless you're talking 80% of your total bill, with the other 20% for another repair or item. Your dealership is supposed to give you 100% of the cost of the CPS and labor that you paid. If not, they are trying to rip you off.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
Funny this came up. Mine started to go bad on the way to school yesterday. My local dealer (AVIS FORD - southfield, mi) Toldme they want the truck for 2 days. They couldnt service it for a week etc. BS BS BS. I called Ed Schmid in Ferndale Mi, and they took me right away. Fast friendly, and very willing to help. Plus they have a diesel tech there and a truck work bay. And yes, you should get 100% of that CPS install. Ask them if when they replace it under warrenty,if they only replace 80% of the problem...? He! gotcha there ford

Old 04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
fphilli11
Freshman User
Cash back

To all,
Thanks for the reply. I will follow up on th 80% when I get the check. I thought there was a statment in the rebate that you would not get back the taxes paid on the repair or something like that. I will follow up when I get the check. I cannot believe the dealer rep that much anyway. Brighton Ford is not that slick of a dealer....

Old 04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fphilli11
... Brighton Ford is not that slick of a dealer....
I hear you, I bought my first PSD (late '99 SC) from them and had multiple issues with that dealer. Had a SES light to be diagnosed (3 return trips to get it right), middle seat belt needed to be replaced (2 return trips) and got the typical car-salesmen treatment throughout the whole deal. Not going back to those guys.