2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge, Gryphon, DashHawk???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Slvr 2008 SS SC
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge, Gryphon, DashHawk???

I've been reading some (many) post on the Edge and Gryphon, I have what might be a stupid question.
What is the difference between the Edge Evolution, Edge Insite, the Gryphon, and the DashHawk? They all look to be the same to me, with the exception that the Insite and DashHawk are gauges only. Are there other models as well?
I was thinking of getting the DashHawk originally, but after reading the forums I might as well get the Edge and taking advantage of the better mpg's.
I am leasing the truck right now, hoping for some sort of hybrid in three years, so I will not be doing any drastic mod's, at least until after I buy it out (I'm really enjoying this truck).
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
You basically answered your own question. But I would definetly get the the edge or gryphon so you can have some tunes.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
From what I understand the guy that originally programmed and worked on the edge left and started his own company Gryphon. The advantage of the Gryphon is you can get a custom tune for any other mods you have done, i.e. cai, exhaust, etc all at once. Other than that, the Gryphon is bascially the edge programmer.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Slvr 2008 SS SC
Junior User
That is what I thought. They all look the same, same display, same buttons, same parameters. They all cost the same too, about $430 for the Tuners and $400 for the gauges only. Keep the info coming, the more I Know the, the better decision I'll make.
Thanks,
Alex

Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
JimTex
Senior User
Yes, The Edge Evo and the Gryphon use the same hardware unit. It's what is inside that is different. Bill Cohron at Power Hungry Performance did much of the Edge Evo programming. He still trouble shoots for Edge, but he saw the need for custom programs and started his own company. The Edge Evo contains canned programs that are designed to fit all our stock trucks. Other than exhaust, it does not handle mods well. You run the risk of running lean if you add CAI. The canned programs add about 25 HP and I was satisfied for a year and a half. Bill's Gryphon comes with custom tunes to fit your truck, your mods, as well as how you want your truck set up. I have his tunes and they are great. In other words, the Edge is a very good option but the Gryphon is even better, in my opinion.