Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 PM
ArmyRover
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sandymane
Somebody has the bug............................... Looks great. Sandy

Thanks and yeah I like the old girl

Old 01-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 379 Likes on 285 Posts
I put my new air filter in today. Bit of a tight fit, nothing a roundhouse kick off the garage roof couldn't fix.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Pulled the steering wheel off to figure out the issue with the left turn signal and horn. Cleaned the contacts for the turn signal and that is working now, a figured out that the horn is only working with the ignition off due to finding a ground through the steering wheel lock rod.

So now to figure out where it is supposed to be grounding.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:33 PM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm slowly fixing up the minor issues my new-to-me '95 F150 4x4 came with. No keys for the doors, so I bought a kit with two door locks and an ignition cylinder so now I have one key for doors and ignition. I fixed the dome light that the previous owner said didn't work. New light bulb, and it's working fine. I tossed the really cheap radio for a slightly more expensive one. At least I can get some different stations now. The sliding rear window latch is missing, so I tied it shut with a wire tie for now. Next up is to polish the deeply fogged headlights which barely glow right now. I'm currently shopping for a straight tailgate, a better driver side door (mine is cracked), and some nice aftermarket wheels.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Ddaybc
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My intermittent no crank, no start issue returned again yesterday. So today I tried to move the ignition switch closer to the steering wheel. It didn't work as the mounting holes are not oblong to allow for adjustment. I was hoping part of my intermittent no crank, no start issues were simply a worn ignition rod and/or gears and I could compensate by moving the ignition closer to the key tumbler. No luck. While under the dash I removed my defective clutch safety switch and moved some wires out of the way to clean up the under dash appearance.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:29 PM
evan_nugget
Laughing Gas
Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts
You guys will love this:

So today I convinced my neighbor that the 1996 F-350 utility truck I drive to and from work in Harrisonburg is actually an electric hybrid truck. You see, I was plugging in the ol' 7.3 in the morning before I had to leave for work, and she caught me running the extension cord up the stairs to my apartment building. I didn't think she'd take it literally when I told her I was charging the truck before I went to work...... Apparently she's all for saving the earth so she was pretty happy that I also understood and supported the movement by driving a hybrid car. Good thing she wasn't around when I did fire it up!! Did i mention that for a tree hugger, she's pretty cute????

The best thing is I didn't even need the block heater, glow plugs work great. I just wanted heat as soon as I started it up!!!!!

Old 01-20-2019, 03:07 PM
LSCRX
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New radio, kids gave me one a few years ago to replace the factory AM/FM, but it isn't compatible with my Samsung S8. New one has Bluetooth, and a wired microphone that I have clipped up above the rearview mirror... especially good when driving in Georgia (strictly hands-free state).

Only about $55 from Crutchfield, and it came with a complete installation kit, I soldered the wiring harness yesterday at my office making the installation quick and easy. The Bluetooth calling is pretty good sounding, and it streams my podcasts from my Samsung S8 flawlessly. It even has a rear USB dongle that I have a USB-C connected to for charging my phone.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by EricBlairabcdefghijk
Be aware that carpet-cleaning technicians come to your home to clean your carpets; they are not licensed to move furniture. It is your responsibility to prepare for their arrival. Many carpet cleaners do not require that you vacuum first but it is a good idea to remove the top layer of dirt and hair so they can do the deep cleaning.
might as well just do the whole damn thing yourself then.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:45 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EricBlairabcdefghijk
Be aware that carpet-cleaning technicians come to your home to clean your carpets; they are not licensed to move furniture. It is your responsibility to prepare for their arrival. Many carpet cleaners do not require that you vacuum first but it is a good idea to remove the top layer of dirt and hair so they can do the deep cleaning.
Be aware that I am huge fan of spam posts.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-25-2019, 03:56 PM
Exwhyze
Tuned
Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts
Just did a 3g swap on my 89 7.3 IDI today. Glad I picked the coldest day of the year to do it, lmfao. The wiring is a spectacular rat's nest by the starter solenoid and by the passenger side battery in general, but I am hoping to clean that up some this spring sometime. I also bought a tan dome light off ebay that is rumored to be a direct screw-in replacement and also supposed to arrive today or tomorrow

Old 02-16-2019, 10:03 PM
TexanAmmo
Senior User
Replaced the power steering fluid today, and did my first purge out of the low pressure hose to get all the old stuff out. I had replaced the pump about 18 mos ago, but at the time didn't have the truck up on stands so I didn't give it a proper flush back then just drained the old pump and refilled new ATF. This time I got some pretty grody black ATF fluid including some granulated debris. All brand new ATF in there now.

And once I got the truck down off the jack stands, it won't start. Sigh. Old trucks have SO much character to them, but it's always something.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:07 PM
sandymane
Lead Driver
Received 620 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by TexanAmmo
Replaced the power steering fluid today, and did my first purge out of the low pressure hose to get all the old stuff out. I had replaced the pump about 18 mos ago, but at the time didn't have the truck up on stands so I didn't give it a proper flush back then just drained the old pump and refilled new ATF. This time I got some pretty grody black ATF fluid including some granulated debris. All brand new ATF in there now.

And once I got the truck down off the jack stands, it won't start. Sigh. Old trucks have SO much character to them, but it's always something.
The longer I live the more I believe THIS is the truth; "No good deed goes unpunished" Sandy

Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 PM
eagle275
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Full tune-up!

Old 02-21-2019, 02:32 AM
KYSlowhand
New User
Going to bring IT home

Purchasing - an '88 [ F-450 ? I think] Super duty dump; hope to bring it all the way home too ! Today / Pics whenever available.
Hope to load with rock tomorrow, check fluids & gas it up and check for leaks etc.Oh yea Insurance too.
Sure is good to have a Heavy- Larger truck been pulling with a F-150 6 cyl and before that a 4cyl Ranger- tough little truck.
Probably get it stuck in the yard pretty soon also.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:57 AM
Blknght22571
5th Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I recently replaced all eight outside lights, the license plate light, and swapped out the stock transmission pan with an aftermarket 4x4 pan with drain plug and new filter. The fluid looked almost new for being in the truck for 18 years, and about half the mileage that's on the clock!

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?