Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DB Electrical Starters

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:49 PM
lhud
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DB Electrical Starters

Hey, I just installed one of DB Electrical's high torque starters on my '02, 7.3 PSD and WOW what a difference! I initially purchased a NEW starter from NAPA with a lifetime warranty. It crapped out on me within the first month on a Sat. evening about 5:30 p.m. with the truck stuck in a mall parking lot.
Well, since it is a work truck with a bunch of tools on it, I slept with the truck to make sure it was not vandalized and Sun. when NAPA opened I was there to pick up a new starter. As my fortune goes, they did not have the lifetime warranty starter in stock - REALLY, just can't understand that. So, I had to go with their rebuilt unit. Got it installed and it does work, but not like the other new starter - did not turn the engine over quite as fast.
So, I called DBE and they had one shipped UPS in three days for $15 S/H.
The unit takes up all the space in that area. The terminals are much better, but the ingnition terminal is tough to get to on top. Installation took about 30 minutes longer than the other unit.
I am impressed with the way this starter turns the engine over!
During all of my internet searching, I was not able to find a starter that was made in the USA. It appears that China has cornered this market. Now, I do believe that many of the rebuilt starters are done in the USA.