2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by m825smoke
well the window deflectors, slide in to the window channel, and there is a clip that holds it at the bottom front by the mirror. when i slide them in, they're pretty tight in the channel, i don't feel as though they're going to fall out from riding down the road. they can be pulled out though, if your worried about thieft, they can pull the stick on ones of just as well. i think the in channel still look better, but to each his own!
I'm not worried about them being stolen. That is what someone else wrongly assumed when I replied to someone else.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
I don't know if they changed the hood. I have an 02, and an 08. they are different. The ones I've been shipped have the tabs that attach on the outside edges, and also 2 tabs in the middle that would tuck under the hood like my wife's Escape. Only problem with that is there's a grille in the way because it's attached to the hood. I didn't want to break off the tabs, because then it would be rubbing on the chrome that surrounds the grille.
you have to loosen the grill and tuck those tabs between the grille and the hood.....problem is then your grills spaced out a 1/8 inch and it still rubbed on my hood.....I'd just skip it.....

Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
I don't know if they changed the hood. I have an 02, and an 08. they are different. The ones I've been shipped have the tabs that attach on the outside edges, and also 2 tabs in the middle that would tuck under the hood like my wife's Escape. Only problem with that is there's a grille in the way because it's attached to the hood. I didn't want to break off the tabs, because then it would be rubbing on the chrome that surrounds the grille.

When I took mine off I had to loosen the grille a good bit to get the deflector out. The tabs did not wrap under in the center...and did not attach to anything (I am guessing that tightening down the grill after sliding the deflector in between kept it tight). The outer edges wrapped under and had 1 screw at each end.

Just seems weird that 2 different places sent you wrong deflectors... And I have to ask... but did you read the instructions...

Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
you have to loosen the grill and tuck those tabs between the grille and the hood.....problem is then your grills spaced out a 1/8 inch and it still rubbed on my hood.....I'd just skip it.....
You beat me to it. And I agree...Skip it. My hood is chipped up from the friggin thing.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:13 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
I see...Thank you for explaining that. I thought I was losing my damn mind!! Yep, I'm going to skip it. I like the way it looks now. Thanks!!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
pott_2
New User
Will the weathertech sunroof deflector fit an 04-08 with a factory satellite radio antenna? I saw that m825smoke has a truck nearly identical to mine and has the deflector. I can't tell if it had the antenna or not.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 PM
m825smoke
Freshman User
yeah, it will fit, i got a satellite radio in my truck, the screws they sent with the kit were a little short so i went to the hardware store and got a couple more, a little longer to put it on. comes with 2 screws and 2 brackets, that hold it on in the front, but fairly easy to install, my screws were to short, so i had to make a trip to the store, but once i got back, it took about 10 minutes to do it. it looks reall good on there to.