6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Beast 1 .... Dodge Cummins 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beast 1 .... Dodge Cummins 0

So I don't condone street racing.. It's illegal, dangerous and a major risk.. Ah who cares, live once, live on the edge eh? LMAO

I had to stop by my office to check on some paperwork and do a few things.. Next to my office is Sonic, sometimes on weekends the kids are in my parking lot kicking back being kids.. No harm.. So I pull in and this kid walks up to me.. I saw him a few days ago driving through Wal-Mart with his gas cap hanging out his door.. I pointed at it harshly for him to see it hanging out.. He came to tell me Thank You for telling him that..

I went inside and did the things I needed to and came out.. We got to talking, asked me about my truck.. Looked at his.. Was ok for a Dodge, still didn't like the new Rail Cummins.. I'm an old fan of the 90's model 12V.. Well we start talking truck and so fourth.. He was telling me about how he liked the cab space I had in my 4 door versus his. He wanted a ford but his dad said he could get a cummins. 17 Year Old B-day present. Rich kid none the less. He wanted a diesel period so he took it (bad move).. Well his Girlfriend starts saying we need to race.. She wants to see who wins, believes her boyfriend will..

Well I decide I'm not getting a ticket for 80 in a 40.. I tell him we're heading out to Sun City to the last light. Theres a good oh, 40-60 yards before it cuts down to 1 lane. I told him if he got the lane, he won. No b/s, no trying to ram me otherwise I would seriously beat the living snot out of him. Just clean, go for the win, if your not making it throttle back.. We line up, I throttle up and build the boost.. Light goes green and I'm gone like a freight train smoking stacks.. Nothing but an intersection of smoke. I ended up winning by about 3 truck lengths.. He was still wading through my smoke when I looked back..

It was a good race tho.. We went to the HEB and talked.. Told him he needs to look at some mods for it, chip, exhaust, usual. Just a nice clean friendly talk man to man.. Course he kept admiring the Ford and telling me he wish his dad would have got him one instead. Said his dad was a BIG DODGE dude.. That's all he's ever seen his entire life..

Was a nice night Met pretty awesome guy, and he told me where the mud holes are where the kids go.. So now I got some buddies I can hit the mud with since none of my Ford guys around me like getting dirty And regardless of what it is, everyone knows you dont mud alone.. That's just asking for trouble!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Momorris
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice job. 3 truck lengths in 50 yards is pretty good. I assume he is stock. Which magical tune did you use? Had to be the Ultra Comp if you were smoking like crazy. My HR doesn't smoke at all, but the UC dumps it. Eric's tune only smokes a little unless you stomp without any boost.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Storm
Postmaster
yeah he was all stock.. and a kid.. I imagine if someone who had some sense and wasn't afraid would have been alot closer with me.. I think the exhaust sound and smoke scared him.. He said when I took off it was nothing but a huge cloud of smoke..

I had in the UltraComp file..

Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Momorris
Senior User
How did the EGT's look with all that smoke?

Old 03-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Storm
Postmaster
About 1400*.. I was running hot..

Old 03-15-2008, 03:48 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh you got plenty of room to scratch and burp, I've already pegged out my 1600 gauge several times since I got my truck all setup(I should have thought when I got the gauge that I would do all these mods and get a 2000 one, but oh well).

Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Aaron Steinblock
Junior User
I'd be curious to see what that race would have looked like if his was mod'd equally and he knew how to rev a turbo. I know my 04 cummins will TOAST my 03 PSD anyday and twice on sundays. Haven't tried the newer fords or dodges though to compare.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Storm
Postmaster
I'm curious too.. I've raced few chip'd diesels and still beat em.. Had a Duramax tho stay with me.. So far the duramax I raced awhile back was equal, lift kit, 35's.. I tend to run into these trucks that are stock height with stock wheels.. You'd think they would have me.. Wouldn't have to turn 35" tires like I do..

I got few tricks up my sleeve tho.. I have a race file that's a 1 time deal.. I only use it when I plan to actually race someone.. It goes beyond the border of stock studs.. I normally loose half my degas bottle when I run it.. However it's deadly

But its all fun.. I'm not much into street racing deal.. Seems to be the flavor around here.. Most the guys just love how the truck looks, power is an added bonus Once I get off my lazy rear, I plan to build up a new block.. Just dealing with Graduate studies, I don't find much time to do anything

Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Storm
I'm curious too.. I've raced few chip'd diesels and still beat em.. Had a Duramax tho stay with me.. So far the duramax I raced awhile back was equal, lift kit, 35's.. I tend to run into these trucks that are stock height with stock wheels.. You'd think they would have me.. Wouldn't have to turn 35" tires like I do..

I got few tricks up my sleeve tho.. I have a race file that's a 1 time deal.. I only use it when I plan to actually race someone.. It goes beyond the border of stock studs.. I normally loose half my degas bottle when I run it.. However it's deadly

But its all fun.. I'm not much into street racing deal.. Seems to be the flavor around here.. Most the guys just love how the truck looks, power is an added bonus Once I get off my lazy rear, I plan to build up a new block.. Just dealing with Graduate studies, I don't find much time to do anything

my friend has an 07' duramax, with tune, but im not sure if he has an exhaust. He says he is gonna whoop me, and now with my toyo open country 33's i feel much less confident. Do you think i have a chance runnin hybrid race?

Old 03-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Eh I'm not so sure on Hybrid Race.. Everyone says its faster than Ultra Comp but I think differently.. My UC file takes off faster on the line than the HR does (I have both files).

Old 03-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Right on good job sounds like you converted a guy to Ford

Old 03-15-2008, 10:38 PM
TXHillCountry
Elder User
As sorry as I am to say it, I had to thank a Dodge guy the other night.

I was parked on the side of the road in front of the barn where we keep horses. The ditch was pretty deep and steep, but plenty wide on the side to park on. The truck was leaning a fair amount and when I jumped out, my boots sank into mud under the grass. The truck looked ok at that point, tires not really sinking in. Came back about an hour later in the dark and got in. Starting to pull out and wasn't going any where. Put it in 4Lo and then the S#$ hit the fan as the truck started to slide sideways deeper into the ditch and mud, and that was all she wrote as the two left wheels were completely sunk in and the right two just spinning in the soft mud up higher. I mean it was so far down the step rails were buried on the drivers side and I could only see about 2-3 inches of the tops of the left front and rear tires.

I jumped out to go see if I could get the tractor to pull it out (and someone to help) when another guy there and his buddy saw what was happening and came to help. Of course, its a RAM 3500. First we tried to yank it out from the front, but the suction on the tires was so great that all 4 of his tires were spinning on the pavement. Then we tried from the rear, and didn't have too much more luck. So finally he backed up a little , got about 2 feet of slack in the chain and punched it. It was enough to suck the rear tire out enough for traction and we were both punching it, mud flying everywhere.

It took me 3 hours of pressure washing the next day to get the mud off. About an hour on the outside, and about 2 hours underneath.

Most of the problem could have been solved if had a winch, so that's my current excuse for looking for a new front and rear bumper set, and a winch.

TX

Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TXHillCountry
As sorry as I am to say it, I had to thank a Dodge guy the other night.

I was parked on the side of the road in front of the barn where we keep horses. The ditch was pretty deep and steep, but plenty wide on the side to park on. The truck was leaning a fair amount and when I jumped out, my boots sank into mud under the grass. The truck looked ok at that point, tires not really sinking in. Came back about an hour later in the dark and got in. Starting to pull out and wasn't going any where. Put it in 4Lo and then the S#$ hit the fan as the truck started to slide sideways deeper into the ditch and mud, and that was all she wrote as the two left wheels were completely sunk in and the right two just spinning in the soft mud up higher. I mean it was so far down the step rails were buried on the drivers side and I could only see about 2-3 inches of the tops of the left front and rear tires.

I jumped out to go see if I could get the tractor to pull it out (and someone to help) when another guy there and his buddy saw what was happening and came to help. Of course, its a RAM 3500. First we tried to yank it out from the front, but the suction on the tires was so great that all 4 of his tires were spinning on the pavement. Then we tried from the rear, and didn't have too much more luck. So finally he backed up a little , got about 2 feet of slack in the chain and punched it. It was enough to suck the rear tire out enough for traction and we were both punching it, mud flying everywhere.

It took me 3 hours of pressure washing the next day to get the mud off. About an hour on the outside, and about 2 hours underneath.

Most of the problem could have been solved if had a winch, so that's my current excuse for looking for a new front and rear bumper set, and a winch.

TX
YOUCH!

Look at ARB Bumpers.. They are freaking awesome.. I saw some in person and absolutely love their design.. They work flawlessly with the Airbag system.. Their winch mounts can hold up to the M15000 Warn winch My buddy in Aussie works for ARB, he said those things could plow a Kangaroo.. It's the main reason they are made.. To them Kangaroo's are like Deer to us.. And most of you know Kangaroo's are 3x the size of a Deer..

I'm going to be getting one here pretty soon.. Looking at the Sahara Bar Front Replacement..

Old 03-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Can you use one of those ARB Bumpers with a Plow. I wanted to get a new bumper for mine with a winch mount but I wasnt sure if it would wok with a plow. i need to have a plow for the buisness. Had a Warn transformer on my 04 with a 12k winch. Loved it. Not sure if that would work with the plow either.

Sarge

Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This might be apples and oranges but I had to take off my Ranch Hand front and run a stock bumper because it wouldn't fit with my Meyer plow. I'm looking forward to the end of this month as I'll be putting it back on

Quick Reply: Beast 1 .... Dodge Cummins 0