Gas hints part 2................

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:41 AM
jimdandy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gas hints part 2................

WHERE TO BUY USA GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil................ 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo gas is from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans. If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (oil is now $90 - $100 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco...................0 barrels

Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess.......................0 barrels
ARCO............... .....0 barrels
If you go to Sunoco.com, you will get a list of the station locations near you.

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing

Old 03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not this again..............

Old 03-15-2008, 06:45 PM
mike93
Elder User
Now, should I go to Arco in the morning or at night? Or is it Sunoco when the storage tanks are being filled, or was it BP on the second notch. I forget (Gas Hints part1)

Old 03-15-2008, 07:02 PM
DarkWolf40
Elder User
Just saw an article on Drudge where a town up in the Big Sur area of CA is selling gas for 5.20/gal. Why don't they go after these basturds for price gouging. This kind of greed will destroy the economy faster than you can spit.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:23 PM
BillC
Elder User

Originally Posted by bf250
not this again..............
I agree with you! The internet at it again. People need to realize they have the oil, we need it, and until our elected officials look out for our interests, (like that will ever happen!) we will keep paying.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
oil has basically been turned into a non-elastic item which means that, unlike milk, we need it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasticity_(economics)

i hate wikopedia but this gives a real nice basic summary.

bottom line is that society, which means us, needs fuel. if fuel was $10 or even $20 a gallon, we would still buy it because we still need to do basic things like go to work and get food, plus we need things in plastics and national security.

so oil is not quite to the level of cancer drugs in need, but its not anywhere near like chocolate is either, which is not needed.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
hofuf
Elder User
BP owns Amoco and Arco. Now, what should I do?

Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
cpe41
Senior User
Not to mention the fact that, just because there's a Shell, Citgo, BP, or whatever sign out front, doesn't necessarily mean that's where the gas in their tanks came from. We have quite a few stations here in town that are all owned by the same company, but have had quite a few different brand signs out front. And all those stations get their gas from the same trucks.

Just goes to show ya, not only can you not believe everything you read on the 'net, you can't believe much else either!!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
Tel your senator and anyone else who will listen that you want ethanol and synthetic
oil from HEMP!! The biomass of the plant makes the ethanol/methanol and the seeds
make a very fine oil base for synthetic oil. The grocery prices won't go up since hemp is only being used to make clothes and rope, Not like corn that is used for a food
a sugar, Feed for farm animals(higher prices to feed them) The new way making it is
called celluosic and any thing the stripped corn cob, Trees broken down into fibers,
Even some of those fast growng vines even can all be used to produce it.
The reason HEMP is the best choice is it will grow in soils that most other plants can't
snd they do not need as much fertilizer as the corn or the beets. Sure there are other
things that can be made from it but there prices may go up. You can plant on a plot
and reap more plant per that plot then corn would have, And the growth rate makes
it possible to get 2 grows out of one plot. We need sustainable recources to keep
our nation moving and to combine more modes of technology into every car. Say we
fill up with the ethanol and when we go to take off the electric motors put the power
down and gets us rolling to say 25mph Using Lithium polymer batteries and 2 motors.
We get on the highway and this where the rotary motor takes off and it is driving a
500 pound flywheel that is connected through a hydrostatic trans and will get you up
to 75mph and once you get the flywheel at the speed you need the ethanol motor get
cut off and basically the flywheel is driving the car down the road, Once the rpm's do
drop then the rotary motor spins back up to speed and gets the FW back to it's speed
Let's say the motor burns 1 gallon to go 25 miles without the flywheel, Now with the
flywheels effect the motor could be shut down and on a flat road the motor may only turn back on 6 times to get it back to speed and now you have saved let's say a 1/3
of fuel savings. Of course the problem with this is that the DOT will not allow us to
use a Flywheel after 100 pounds Or somewhere around that weight. They know it has
the ability to make our gas mileage improve greatly!! Sure they will say it's dangerous
to have that big of a FW and in a wreck it will come out of the vehicle or shatter into
a million pieces. Of course a armored ring to keep it enclosed would help avoid that.
They also have the bad handling traits on wet roads and ice. But that could be worked around with brakes to slow it in those cases. Or even two flywheels turning
opposite directions to minimize the tendency of pulling in one direction. You can make
a model of it with commonly gotten RC parts and see how long it will let your battery
pack last as opposed to just driving a transmission to the wheels, Go motor to big flywheel, then to the trans. YOu should find it is one heck of a tractor it will pull some
bigger things around just from having the torque built up in the FW.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd love to see a study of why so many people believe and pass on all this email garbage. Oil is fungible it is that simple, it makes no difference who's oil you buy or don't buy.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow these e-mails spread fast. I just got this one about a week ago

Old 03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Before you know it, it will be titled "Robin Williams answers to the gas crunch".

Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxie641
Before you know it, it will be titled "Robin Williams answers to the gas crunch".

Either him or George Carlin...

Tim