6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Edge Juice Platinum - NICE SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 AM
hdroadking05
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Edge Juice Platinum - NICE SETUP

Just installed the Edge Juice Platinum with the attitude monitor in my truck.

Contrary to a lot of the postings on here, the new PLATINUM edition does take the transmission into account, allowing the user to adjust defueling percentages when shifting to each gear as well as firm shift points. There is also torque converter settings and transmission slip protection settings built into it.

The amount of power this programmer puts out is awesome, and it seems like the people that end up having transmission problems / engine problems are probably pushing too hard or running it on the extreme setting, which is not recommended for stock or even just slightly modified trucks.

I have the pillar mount for the attitude monitor which is very clean and professional looking.

Reading the manual is a big help and gets you to understand the do's and dont's of this programmer.

Definitely recommend it to anyone else that has a 6.0

Also, this chip has a mileage setting that increased my MPG from 13.8 to 18 on the highway!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
wwb
Senior User
Originally Posted by hdroadking05
........Also, this chip has a mileage setting that increased my MPG from 13.8 to 18 on the highway!
For real, hand-calculated mileage? You have my attention.

If it's from the lie-o-meter, better recheck by hand.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
hdroadking05
Senior User
Yes, hand calculated. I have only had it a few weeks, so I will continue to take some data, but it has made a huge difference. This programmer allows you to shift on the fly, so that once you get up to speed on the highway, you put it in mileage mode and it just trickles in the fuel. Granted if you step on the throttle it doesnt respond well, but if you need to take off just put it back on one of the other modes

Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
berick
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just installed the Edge Juice Platinum with the attitude monitor in my truck.

Contrary to a lot of the postings on here, the new PLATINUM edition does take the transmission into account, allowing the user to adjust defueling percentages when shifting to each gear as well as firm shift points. There is also torque converter settings and transmission slip protection settings built into it.

The amount of power this programmer puts out is awesome, and it seems like the people that end up having transmission problems / engine problems are probably pushing too hard or running it on the extreme setting, which is not recommended for stock or even just slightly modified trucks.

I have the pillar mount for the attitude monitor which is very clean and professional looking.

Reading the manual is a big help and gets you to understand the do's and dont's of this programmer.

Definitely recommend it to anyone else that has a 6.0

Also, this chip has a mileage setting that increased my MPG from 13.8 to 18 on the highway!
I also run the exact module you do. I kept mine on the mileage setting and it definately did increase the mileage however I still buggared up my headgaskets.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
hdroadking05
Senior User
When you say "buggard up" did you have to replace them?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Momorris
Senior User
The reason for my headstuds is the Edge blew my headgaskets. I did seem to get better mpgs with the edge. I only had it for 2 weeks though before I took it off.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The edge has also been known to eat trannies.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Blaster7Romeo
Senior User
aaa i don't know about mine yet.. I have had it a week and cant seem to find all the settings that make the trany shift like i want... it is eather to soft the front end of the truck falls in acceleration or to firm it jars me when it shifts.. What do you guys have the trany settings set on??

Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Momorris
Senior User
I had the same problem. It has to do with the defueling during shifts. Try turning down the shift defueling down to 0%.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Blaster7Romeo
Senior User
yea I got it on 30 right now... I just did not know how safe it was since it comes up with a little waring saying Trans mod recommended

Old 03-14-2008, 04:41 AM
hdroadking05
Senior User
Trans mod recommended comes up when you make ANY tranny setting adjustment. I would recommend putting your defueling percentage up a little higher (Im running at 60%) The shifts are firm, but not too agressive. Keep in mind, stock is 100% defueling I believe....so bringing it down to 0% I would say is a little dangerous. What your doing is not taking any engine torque and power away from the tranny when it is shifting, therefore really "Slamming" the clutch plates and forcing the tranny into gear versus letting to fall into gear like it should. Keeping some fuel getting brought into the engine during the shift is ok, but the way I understand it, 0% is probably not a good way to run

Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 AM
2003 Stroke
Junior User
i had the edge for about 30k miles and i kept mine on 100% defuel....sure it sacrifices a little power and doesn't shift as quick, but unlike many my tranny is still working fine.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
berick
Elder User
When you say "buggard up" did you have to replace them?
Yes they had to be replaced and depending on how ignorant the dealer is they CAN make you foot the bill. In Canada that bill is anywhere from $4000-$6000 depending on wether the dealership does the repair or not. A lot of the guys on here hate the Edge system but I have not had any tranny issues and as for the headgaskets... Ford has admitted they are a common problem for the 6.0. From what I understand the gasket issue can be fixed with ARP headstuds instead of the factory headbolts. Hope this helps ya out.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
berick
Elder User
Originally Posted by Momorris
I had the same problem. It has to do with the defueling during shifts. Try turning down the shift defueling down to 0%.
If you have a mod tranny 0% might be ok but for stock you would be asking for a repair bill.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 AM
berick
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2003 Stroke
i had the edge for about 30k miles and i kept mine on 100% defuel....sure it sacrifices a little power and doesn't shift as quick, but unlike many my tranny is still working fine.
Yup you said it! I left mine at 100% as well and I have not had a single problem yet with the tranny (53,000km to date). I checked my 1/4 mile time on the module and it still says 15.8sec (that was a run on level 5) even with the sloppy tranny shifting but I don't think the time is too accurate.

Quick Reply: Edge Juice Platinum - NICE SETUP