Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau cover + rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 PM
chado
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonneau cover + rack

Hi guys,

It looks like I'm going to order a 2008 ranger and give up the BMW. With this in mind I need to make sure I have all my accessories in order.

I currently have a yakima rack system that I used on my monte carlo with a kayak attachment and a bike attachment. Now, I see that I can get http://www.yakima.com/Product.aspx?Number=8001137 from yakima which uses the tie downs on the truck bed sides, great idea...however I also need a tonneau cover as I have an IT business and need to transport computers...better if the tonneau cover locks, I like the fold back locking ones, power ones are fine but not really necessary I guess so long as the job is done.

I saw some of the systems out there (by pace I think?) combine the tonneau and the rack but they dont seem to have one that will work with my yakima accessories (could be wrong). Does anyone have any suggestions for this to work for me?

The yakima system looks great as it matches all the stuff I already have, so if you know of a tonneau that will work with that...all the better.

Thanks in advance,
Chad

Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For tonneau covers and a yakama rack, you need an inside mount like Truxedo. All of the other manufactures I am familiar with sit on top of the rails and can block the rear stake pocket holes.

I love my Pace Edward bedlocker with the explorer rails. You don't have to go electric, the explorer rails should work with all of their lines, including my second choice the Full Metal Jack Rabit. Pace edwards offers two types of racks, the construction and the sport. The square tube of the multisport will be very similar to the yakima cross bars and you should be able to mount any yakima accessory to it.