Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got The Dp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
robs01f250
Elder User
robs01f250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Got The Dp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed the DP, gauges, and OBA and all i can say is wow!!!!!! This is the best investment that i have made in my life. I cant seem to keep my foot out of it. It will freaken scream. Also a bonus is the smoke setting. Just one question: Does the dp need to be in the stock mode when i start it. But i am glad that you guys talked me into the DP. It feels like i have twice the power as i did with the Bully dog. Also what kind of boost numbers should i be looking at?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
another satisfied customer..... I always start my truck in 80E, no problems at all. Then agian, it hardly ever gets into the 20s here. with the OBA you could see up to 28+ lbs of boost.

welcome to the permagrin club

Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
If it's below 40* out then I definitely start in the stock setting. I can't remember if Jody or Diane told me that or not, but if DEFINITELY fires up quicker in the stock setting when it's cold out

Old 03-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
Congrats!! Good stuff, eh??

I've always started mine in 80E, but lately I've been running it in stock until it warms up a bit when it's cold. The friggin' weather here is so screwy -- it was 70s/80s the last couple days, but last night it went from 67 to about 44 right now and the temp will keep dropping all day. Should be in the 30s this afternoon. I hate this weather. Can't wait to get back to FL....

Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 AM
aklim
Post Fiend
aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.
I start it in 80Econo all the time.

I wish you people will just reference it as DP-Tuner. In certain circles, if you are female and said you got the DP, it means other things.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 AM
8tsixt
Elder User
8tsixt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by aklim

I wish you people will just reference it as DP-Tuner. In certain circles, if you are female and said you got the DP, it means other things.
LOL, Getting dp'd. Aklim, you got dirty mind.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 AM
sflem849
Posting Guru
sflem849 has a good reputation on FTE.sflem849 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by aklim

They do have some strange circles up in Madison...Which one are you in!!!

Congrats on the DP (Tuner) or Double Pen.... nevermind I will leave that to the powerstroke.or...that's just mean

Old 03-03-2008, 09:05 AM
robs01f250
Elder User
robs01f250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well I was only seeing 23-24 pounds of Boost can I turn the oba up to get more boost

Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 AM
sflem849
Posting Guru
sflem849 has a good reputation on FTE.sflem849 has a good reputation on FTE.
That doesn't sound too low. Changing you OBA shouldn't really change anything unless your computer is defueling the truck at 23-24 psi of boost. Joe will chime in on what boost pressure full power fueling begins at. IIRC it is something like 16 or so.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 AM
aklim
Post Fiend
aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by robs01f250
Well I was only seeing 23-24 pounds of Boost can I turn the oba up to get more boost
OBA as in Overboost Annihilator? You did get it from ITP then? They calibrate each and every one. Talk to Dennis.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
griff64
Junior User
griff64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congrats, It feels like you are driving a new truck with the DPTuner. Have you done a leak test to see if you are losing boost! Its really hard to keep your foot out of it, the wife says I'm gonna get a ticket.... I always tell her that when shes driving her car, she likes to drive fast. Enjoy, Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.