Sponsored by: DP Tuner

KEYLESS ENTRY Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:50 AM
sandlapper
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question KEYLESS ENTRY Problem

I have a 2002 with keyless entry. I don't think it came with the truck. I have tried programming the trans. and the truck does not seem to be going into reprogram mode. The door lock just locks. It does not lock, unlock. I tried it with my wife's expedition and it programmed the trans. the first time. I even had the service guy try at the dealership before I left.

On the box wired in the truck there is a button on the harness. I did a search and found this out. You hold it in for 15 seconds and then push the trans. and it is supposed to be programmed. Well I push it in for 15 seconds the horn beeps two or three times and I push the button on the trans. and nothing. I was wondering if I'm missing something. I don't know if the truck needs to be switched on/off etc..

I tried to explain this to the service guy . The part about it being a dealer add on and weather this could be the problem. He said no way. It either comes from the factory with or without. He did however offer to hookup his fancy scanners for $50.00 and find out the problem . I told him I'd find out for myself. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Can you post a pic of the FOB? Makes a huge difference whether it is factory or not.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
sandlapper
Junior User
I'm on the road right now without a camera etc. But the FOB has three buttons on it. Two for unlock and lock and on for panic that is under the unlock and lock. It is inbetween the two. Also it is orange. It looks just like the older ones I had. I got this one from the dealer. The box under the dash by the emergency brake has ford blue oval emblem on it.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was on the road for the last four hours and just landed.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Mike Norwood
Elder User

check your owner's manual. there is a procedure for reprogramming the transmitter in there. if that don't fix it and it is a ford keyless entry then they should have a shop manual on it somewhere.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:10 PM
sandlapper
Junior User
I tried the proceedure in the manual. No go. I got it to program in my wife expedition no problem. The reason I got a new FOB was the old one broke at the key chain part. It worked fine right up till the time I lost it. Now can't get the new one working.

There is a button on the harness. I read where you push this on the ford after a market but can't seem to get anything to happen. I was wondering if I was missing a step. Can't remember where I read that. I push it for 15 seconds and horn blows twice. I quess you are supposed to push the trans. button than when you push the button on the harness the horn blows, I thimk four times?

Old 02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
bandlgeorge
Elder User
Migh make sure that the code on the fob is the correct type for your vehicle. I ordered a used on off of Ebay and made sure the key fob codes matched mine. If it doesn't match your factory fob, try it on the mustang up the street!!

Check this link out: EBAY ITEM

You need to match this type of code on the replacment piece to the factory one: CWTWB1U212
Good luck, I bet that is your problem.

Last edited by bandlgeorge; 02-15-2008 at 06:17 PM.