2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

What would you change?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys think this is a list you should see what we have to say about our 6.0L Powerstrokes. Between the EGRs, HEUI systems, and Turbos it's hard to keep em on the road.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by IQ9
You always find things that could be better in any vehicle. I am really glad to hear that someone has Fords ear. Thanks montecarlo31 for sending our thoughts!!
Yeah... and when Ford changes the Expy with those ideas, we should all get one for free. Ya know, to compensate us for our trouble and expertise.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
IQ9
Senior User
Oh I think they will most certainly be giving us new vehicles...I guess we would all be looked at as "THE" focus group charged with forging a new class leading/destroying Expedition. Long Live the....oh wait I think I got crazy right there...sorry guys.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:39 AM
08LTDEL
New User
I am 6'5" and 260lbs. The driver seat would really be nice if I could push it back another couple of inches. I have the pedals but still not enough. The sun visors also block a couple inches of the windshield that causes me to slouch a bit to see under them. To eliminate this problem I have to recline the seat more than comfortable to lower my line of sight. I never checked with the dealer to see if the seat can be adjusted anyone know?

Old 02-16-2008, 02:42 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by 08LTDEL
I am 6'5" and 260lbs. The driver seat would really be nice if I could push it back another couple of inches. I have the pedals but still not enough. ........I never checked with the dealer to see if the seat can be adjusted anyone know?
Heck, I'm only 5'11" and I'd like another couple of inches of rearward travel on the drivers seat. Maybe I'm just used to my Excursion, where I could put the seat so far back I couldnt even reach the pedals.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
theoshin
Senior User
Originally Posted by 08LTDEL
I am 6'5" and 260lbs. The driver seat would really be nice if I could push it back another couple of inches. I have the pedals but still not enough. The sun visors also block a couple inches of the windshield that causes me to slouch a bit to see under them. To eliminate this problem I have to recline the seat more than comfortable to lower my line of sight. I never checked with the dealer to see if the seat can be adjusted anyone know?
i agree. i bought a f250 partially because i can see out of it. 6'3" but long body. I find all the new vehicles have such a sloped windshield i don't fit in almost all of them. forced to look out the top 1/3 of the windshield. the older toyotas had low seats (previous tundra owner x3) which allowed for more headroom. the expedition is better than the new gm and toyota products. my head hits the ceiling in the new tundra/sequoia. i am not sure if they are doing this to improve gas milage or for looks???

Old 02-16-2008, 06:52 PM
mnmwhit
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kept my 6.0 stock except for the exhaust and it has always run great for me

Originally Posted by montecarlo31
If you guys think this is a list you should see what we have to say about our 6.0L Powerstrokes. Between the EGRs, HEUI systems, and Turbos it's hard to keep em on the road.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:47 PM
08LTDEL
New User
Hey NubMike, I am coming out of an Excursion also. I loved the space because of my size. I will start a new string to seek some ideas for getting that seat moved back.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:21 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Your probably not running around at a GVW of 26,000+ lbs day in and day out, running a PTO on a jobsite in 100 degree weather for 6 to 9 hours a day then doing 80 mph on the way home. But then again we have plenty of problems with our 6.0s that belong to managers too. If the 6.0 was a great motor ford wouldn't be putting the screws to navistar would it?

....back to the topic at hand.

Originally Posted by mnmwhit
kept my 6.0 stock except for the exhaust and it has always run great for me

Last edited by montecarlo31; 02-16-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 AM
IQ9
Senior User
I think Montecarlo31 has some very heavy experience with Ford...now lets hope Ford listens to him.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Lariat Trucker
Junior User
Add the tow command system to the HD trailer tow package. I loved it on my Super Duty. Don't treat the thrird row seating area like no man's land! Amen on the map lights and speakers, also a safety seat hook up. Add HID headlights to the Limited and Eddie Bauer trim levels.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:19 AM
nfntruth79
New User
I am suprised this one didn't get mentioned...
MAKE THE ACCESORY OUTLETS TURN OFF WHEN THE TRUCK IS OFF!!!!! Had to add a battery buddy to my Optima Deep Cycle, hard to remember to turn off the rear DVD players if you're in the front and you have to strategically plan how to get your kids out for your next family "expedition". Or at least add a programmable function to allow this. As of today I am checking the fuse box for a switched circuit to which I will use an Add-a-fuse to hook up a new outlet inside the console.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
That's odd. I've never had a problem w/ the stock battery and I leave my inverter on w/ my laptop all the time. I drive it everyday except the weekends, I'll park it saturday after I wash it and then won't use it till monday.

Originally Posted by nfntruth79
MAKE THE ACCESORY OUTLETS TURN OFF WHEN THE TRUCK IS OFF!!!!! Had to add a battery buddy to my Optima Deep Cycle, hard to remember to turn off the rear DVD players if you're in the front and you have to strategically plan how to get your kids out for your next family "expedition". Or at least add a programmable function to allow this. As of today I am checking the fuse box for a switched circuit to which I will use an Add-a-fuse to hook up a new outlet inside the console.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
nfntruth79
New User
Originally Posted by montecarlo31
That's odd. I've never had a problem w/ the stock battery and I leave my inverter on w/ my laptop all the time. I drive it everyday except the weekends, I'll park it saturday after I wash it and then won't use it till monday.
Mine gets driven the opposite, it goes out on the weekends, and I drive my car back and forth to work. I have a dvd player hooked up, a bluetooth handsfree device, cell phone charger and GPS. If it sits for several days, the battery will die. Well, at least it did before the new battery and battery buddy. I ahd the same problem with my 06 Explorer.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by nfntruth79
MAKE THE ACCESORY OUTLETS TURN OFF WHEN THE TRUCK IS OFF!!!!!
Some sort of switch or other control for this would be good... because I'm the opposite. I would prefer they stay on when the vehicle isnt running.

Just a function of the way we use them, I suppose.

Quick Reply: What would you change?