2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery down

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Rancheroracer
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
battery down

Hey guys, I haven't been on the site much lately so this might have been addressed. I had let the truck sit for 2 or 3 weeks & went out to start it, battery down, had to jump. Also radio wouldn't work, (has satellite). Thought fuse was bad, checked both fuses marked for radio, it has one for satellite radio also. Then when I started truck up radio ok now. What the heck is going on? Guy at the Ford dealer said they have more battery drain now while sitting. I haven't checked it yet, anyone heard of this?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
doocrue
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had a new battery put in my '06 Screw today. We've had alot of cold weather here lately and it seems that this truck doesn't start as well as my '04 did. I don't know if the flex fuel engine has anything to do with it but something is different. I also have only been driving the truck to work and back which is only a few miles a day so I don't know if it really charges the battery enough. I did notice that the battery only has like 650 CCA. To me that seems like a very low cranking battery for an engine this size.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
ford-lover
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my truck sat for 3 weeks while I was working on the lights, horns and switches. The truck did not start up due to battery low. I had to put on a battery charger for about 2 hours to get the truck started. I didn't think about it that much but it is strange that a new battery won't hold charges for few weeks. My idea is to change it out in about 2-3 years.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
VFR_Man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My '07 shat the battery sitting in 20 deg F and lower temperatures for around two weeks in December too. It was fine sitting in the summer, but the 540 CCA OE battery doesn't care for the combination of cold and inactivity.