1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Truck Starting Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Starting Issues...

Hello to all! Been along time since I've had the oppurtunity to post up on here but rest assured Im still alive and kickin

I Have an issue with the truck. I called Luke and Tim last night to pick their brains and so far we've come up with a few solutions but I wanted to check with the rest of you to see what your thoughts might be. I had the truck in the shop last night for an oil change and all went well. After the truck was filled back up we rolled it over and all was good. I shut the truck down after about 2-3 minutes and when I went to get in it to leave the truck would not roll over. The start clicks once and nothing more. I replaced the starter and still not rolling over. We put a ratchet on the crank pulley and rolled it over to make sure it wasn't hydro-locked and there was no trouble there. Whats the culprit? Im gonna check the starter relay and see whats up with that but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cowboy Steve

Old 02-08-2008, 08:40 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Steve!! Welcome back!! Did you have a chance to check the soleniod on the fender? if not maybe a few other have some things for you to check as well! BTW do you still have your 08 as well?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checked the solenoid and it was good, checked the flywheel and it was good, replaced the new starter again and she fired right up! Thanks for your help Tim and Luke

Tim, I still have the '08 yes. Im gonna give you a jingle this weekend. I have a tuner that needs a home and its gonna get shipped to Michigan as soon as I get a address from ya. Consider it a late late Christmas gift

Cowboy Steve

Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gotta love bad parts out of the box!! Steve give me a call anytime!! Glad your up and running!