1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

What ticks me off is

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
GREEN 94 RANGER
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ticks me off is

What really ticks me off about CA. smog is they just say "YOU FAILED" amd give you no idea of what to look for.
I was born and raised in Pgh. PA and we had the annual auto safety inspections there every year, but when they did it and it didn't pass they would tell you what you had to fix or repair to get it to pass and you'd go home and fix it, but that was 100 years ago and now all they're concerned about is making money and/or getting the old cars off the road.
I think that if they gave you some idea what was wrong more people would be able to correct the problems and keep thir cars smog correct and help eliminate the pollution problem, but the almighty dollar takes priority over all else.
Rich

Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
rbengl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's all they "tell" you here. But when you leave they give you the test results. At least you know what you failed on. Might be a check engine light, maybe because the HC was too high, but it does tell you what you failed on.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Likewise here in Utah, if you fail, they will tell you how you failed. I wonder if that has more to do with the individuals performing the test. Try talking to the shop or test station again, or call around to other stations.