1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

evil bay

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
cool 48
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't stand those folks who sell on ebay ,and include in their auction that they have the right to cancel , because it is for sale locally also. What the heck is that? Can you imagine, bidding on something ,thinking you may be the proud owner of a new toy , then have some schmuck cancel the auction a few hours before. Wo, that would hurt. I just sold my shovelhead on ebay, and it went very smooth. But right after the auction closed I had 2 people wanting to steal it from the guy who won it. One guy would not leave me alone. I finally told him that I didn't see his name anywhere in the auction history, and it was his tough luck for not bidding on it. I was informed later that it was not another ebay member. It was actually ebay themselves checking to see if I would nibble on the guys proposition. They (ebay) says they are trying to crack down on goobers on ebay. But I won't hold my breath. There are folks who do nothing but try to figure out how to screw unsuspecting folks on ebay. You just have to be careful .And even sometimes that's not enough.