Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

long/hard shift first to second...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
lowrango
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question long/hard shift first to second...

well, the truck has had this problem for some time now. it will randomly seem like it is stuck in first and then a real hard shift into 2nd gear. i read alot about 3 to od shift problems and those don't seem to have good outcomes. i'm hoping this 1 to 2nd gear issue will have a better outcome, lol.

truck is currently 100% stock other than a k&n intake and filter. the previous owner did have a plug in tuner for the truck( i found out after purchase ). don't know if that would have any effect.

i also haven't changed the transmission fluid since i have owned it (going on 2 years next month) which i guess would be a good place to start but i'm always afraid to drain and fill fluid and having a minor problem become an instant huge problem because of it.

i want to get the truck back into tip top shape as with the wife and kids always in it the truck is getting beat up. any advise is appeciated.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can start by looking and smelling the trans fluild. If it smells burnt, or not the red color it should be, thats not a good sign. I would change the fluid and filter. These trans are not the best ford made.

If the PO had a programer in the truck, did he put it back to stock before you bought the truck?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM
lowrango
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as far as him putting it back to stock, idk. i only found out about the programmer when i looked up his ebay name a few weeks after buying truck and saw it for sale...

i will check the fluid tomorrow and see what it looks like and report back.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If he is trying to sell it, he brought it back to stock. He could not use it on another truck if you still had to tune in your truck.

Good luck