6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Truck update !

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM
hulihan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck update !

Just got off the phone with the ford guy, they have been test driving my truck all morning with computers connected, it is now getting 14 to 15 mpg and at some points down to 12, BUT that is way better than 6, we talked for awhile, and he explained alot to me, but he says the main reason for my low miles is because of all the stop and go driving here in Los Angeles, I do stay off the freeways, as 90% of the time they are parking lots anyways, but he calculated the hrs versus miles and my truck is at idle more than moving ( Thanks to all the wonderful foriengners here in LA) and he also said to reset the mpg and to do the math myself, and I should find much better milage, it all makes cents, but he said if I still feel something is wrong they will do whatever they have to to make it right, the service guy was the fool, and I am pretty sure he knows by now, he also said that the fuel additive might not help in the city driving, but I am still going to try, my truck has very low miles ! So I am a bit suprised , but none the less happy with what has transpired, they are going to detail and fill with gas and put synthic oil for my trouble, so all in all I am happier

Old 02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
Sounds like you have a great dealer there!

Old 02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Holyroller
Freshman User
It sure is nice when the dealers cooperate without sticking any black soot in your tailpipe

Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
hulihan
Freshman User
Well, just drove home at 14 mpg, so now I have to drive and calculate after I have burned a full tank of gas, but I probally would of had a much harder time dealing with the problem at the dealer if I did not find this web site and get all the info you guys supplied, so a big THANKS !!!!! Oh and pulled in front of my house, and my neighbor told me my real backup light was not working, go figure