Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Another break-in

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another break-in

Some of you Know who Jerry is. He is a very good friend of mine for quite a while. He originally started having issues with his truck back in Sept./Oct. time frame. Coolant boiling out his radiator resevoir. He took his truck to Pierre Ford in Lake City, and had a diagnosis done to his truck. Well, they said it was a bad radiator cap. ***my opinion, B.S.***$179.00 later and the same evening, it happened again. We thought about the issue for a while and set up an appt. at Covington Ford. Hey, we got somewhere, it was a blown head gasket just as we had thought. Work was supposed to be started last Friday. Jerry, then myself recieved a friendly phone call from Covington Ford. Jerry's truck had been broken into. Drivers door lock popped, Stereo missing, XFM transmitter missing, and CB missing. Pulled out the back seat looking for Amps/ there were'nt any and busted the glove box stops. About $200.00 in repairs need to be done to that part. Now add in the electronic equipt. About another $500.00.

Just two different pointers here. One, what a joke for service work, and two, empty everything out of your vehicle if having service work done.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 PM
upriverjoe
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that kind of theft is a common practice: before i ever leave any of my vehicles any place for repairs of any kind or etc. i always make sure and ask if my vehicle will be parked and locked up inside. if not i don't leave it.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
The truck was supposed to be inside being worked on Friday. Not sitting in the weather waiting ot be worked on Monday morning.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
upriverjoe
Junior User
they should have insurance to cover that?????

Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
We are already working on the service manager about the repairs and replacements. I let them know the info went onto FTE and NWforddiesels websites.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
upriverjoe
Junior User
sometimes a small threat gives big dividends????

Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
samtye
Junior User
damn tweekers, you cant have leave anything anywere anymore. thats why my glock is loaded with holopoints!! lol sorry about your break in

Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Originally Posted by samtye
damn tweekers, you cant have leave anything anywere anymore. thats why my glock is loaded with holopoints!! lol sorry about your break in
Which part of Auburn are you located? Sometime tomorrow Mike will be stopping in after his surgery, essentially this is an invite for you to come on up to visit. I'm about a half mile away from Green River College. And an invite for anyother local person in the area.

My Glock is loaded as well. All three clips ready to go. One shot should do the trick, I don't want too much damage to the truck or car.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Soooooooo,........ Does Jerry want his stuff back? I was just jokeing around. Besides his stuff is out dated and I couldnt get much for it.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
We had already discussed how we were going to remove your CB. Who cares about the Sirius.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
OUCH, The sirius is the part that made the Mex I can break in in the first place.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
New XFM material arrived today. Just got back home. We went through about 300 rounds up there in redneck country. Let B know Shelley's heater was definately shot, by two 22's, 9mm and a 40.cal rifle.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
ANOTHER BREAK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karma got me!!

My wifes Taurus got broke into, Punched the colum but did not make off with it. I think I scared them at 4:30 am letting ther dog out. Lets wait and see what the INS co says, We did have full coverage

Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 AM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Need a screwdriver? Standard or Philips?

Old 12-22-2007, 03:18 PM
james 1300
New User
I HaTE Crooks!

I had a non-Ford truck stolen outta my driveway, in front of my home, after dark.. Last month.
I have perimeter lighting and a driveway lamp as well.
The Creeps popped the R/H wing widow, the R/H door lock and, drilled the ignition lock.
I live in a culdsac!
I got the truck back. $1000.00 damage and $400.00 later in lost wages its fixed.
Sheriff just happened to see it speeding and chased the Creep, 20 seconds later, the thief abandoned the truck and ran. They didn't catch the creep.
Now it has an alarm, with perimeter sensors, a starter lock-out, glass break sensors and shock sensors, and 2 Piaa horns (not the wimpy multi-tone's that everyone has) One under the hood and one in the cab! They SCREAM!
I hate thief's. They used to hang horse thief's, why cant we enforce the laws, instead of giving thief's a pass?
Thanks for letting me ramble!