Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

The February BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
The_SnowMan710
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yaa, kinda played w/ that idea too, but hoping to win the lottery first...aiming to graduate by may/june and get to work full time

Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good. You almost have to win the lottery to put gas in these things. Graduation will be here before you know it. Speaking off Columbus that traffic can be bad at times. They sure need a bypass around Columbus to get all the truck traffic off the road. Hopefully someday.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:18 AM
The_SnowMan710
Fleet Mechanic
they're working on that right now actually, it's gonna take u from where the new walmart is and dump u off at....well i'm not too sure yet, but somewhere north on highway 81 i'd assume

Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
That would be great. So have you ridden in Jakes Dodge truck. He seems to like it. What do you think?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
The_SnowMan710
Fleet Mechanic
idk, haven't ridden in it yet, but must admit, she looks pretty sharp...

Old 02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Sorry I think we let Pat off somewhere along the way. Hey I am hungry..So what are you guys having for dinner,

Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Sorry, had to wander off there...Well, since I'm trying to watch my weight, I get to dine on a delicous weight watchers smart one meal. Ooooh, What I wouldn't do for a cheeseburger!!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Now I feel guilty. Trouble is I should lose weight too. Stupid fast food. So whats this weight watchers meal consist off. How long have you been on the diet.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Well, today is actually a half-way decent one. It's pasta with tomato sauce, and I'm assuming fake cheese. I've been trying to lose some weight for the last couple of months. I've seen pictures of myself in my boat without a shirt on, and they are frightening! I'm trying to get my basement work finished also, so I can get my treadmill back into service.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
You know the sad part about that is that most tredmills are bought but never used. People have good intentions but you know how that goes. Its funny how some people can eat a bunch but never gain a pound. My genetics are not tha way.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Originally Posted by The_SnowMan710
hey, i'm kindof a tractor guy myself, wat u workin on...just curious
At the moment, a little 684. Last time when I put it together after my uncle had it apart, it practically fell into place. Go figure, this time it was a PITA, but I did get it back together.
Then the 826/56 needs a lot of attention, the Schwartz front end is junk, need to get it swapped out for the IH front end, then it needs to be split to fix the hydraulic seal leaking on the clutch.Poor thing has had a rough life. It started out as an 826, pitched a rod through both sides of the block at idle. Could look right through it, but it still ran.Put an 856 motor on it, and ran it for a couple decades before any further trouble. Then my father gets the bright idea to sell the 656 loader tractor we had, and puts a loader on the 856. Well, the front end isn't up to it, and the way he mounted it, the loader was all kinds of loose. The loader was designed to go on a 66 series to make things worse.Well, the bell housing bolts worked loose, and while lifting a bale, the tractor broke in half.
My uncle had a 756 at this time, the gas motor was bad, so the put the 856 motor on the 756 back half. Entermy sister, running the honey wagon. Dad just took the bucket hose loose so that the honey wagon hydraulics had a source, but left the bucket tipped down. Well, the wrong lever got hit, the loader goes down, and the tractor tries to pole vault over the loader, breaks in half again.
Well, I welded the bell back together for the 826 back half, since the 756 bell and inputs are badly hosed. Didn't do the hydraulic seal though, because I didn't realize it got damaged, since the tractor fell downward when it came apart. I made reinforcements to move the stress away from the bell and out to the frame. Now the front end is junk.It was just too weak to start with, and keeps getting worse.
Then we have a 966, just rebuilt it, I have a few more things to deal with, but overall is going good now.
Just have a little to deal with...I swear, I have more to do trying to keep up with my father and sister...they both do well to tear things up, not so well to get them fixed.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 150ford
You know the sad part about that is that most tredmills are bought but never used. People have good intentions but you know how that goes. Its funny how some people can eat a bunch but never gain a pound. My genetics are not tha way.
I was that way...then I turned 24!! Long time ago! I have actually used my treadmill alot. I was using it right up til I started working on my basement last september, but had to stow it away. I'm hoping to get it out next week. I'm going to set it up in my furnace/store room, I have a little 20" tv that I'll hang off of the wall, with a cheapo dvd player, so I can have something to watch while I jog!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
The_SnowMan710
Fleet Mechanic
i tried jogging once but then quickly adapted to the "bury me w/ a spoon" theory and never looked back... b/c i will need rear view mirrors soon to see back there lol

holy cow man, sounds like ur 826/856/756 IH Frankenstein needs to be retired! i have a guy i farm w/ that has torn the front end off of his 1466 so many times that we've lost count and now finally the seal on the PTO let loose and we kinda just never really attempted to fix it, there was an injector bad in it, the brakes didn't work, the tranny was about the consistency of pudding (common for 66 series HI), and the thing hasn't run correctly since it caught fire...it did take quite the beating tho, i will give it that! right now, my baby is an Allis 7030 that i overhauled after my old man couldn't get it right the first 2 times, that's wat he gets for putting in cheap parts! i was gonna split her and do the clutch and put in an update for the 2 speed, but ran out of time, need it to feed cattle now, but she sure does run like a top now at least! but wat i'd really like to find is a used up 560D (w/ the T.A. of course) to overhaul, just always kinda liked those old birds, pretty tough machines!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,106 Likes on 4,190 Posts
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
From all of us here in the Nebraska Chapter, we send our condolenses out to all the Patriot fans....Especially you Ken....Hopefully, you haven't thrown yourseof off of a rooftop somewhere...!
Thanks Pat...the Giants kicked the Pats *****. They deserved to win!!!

Throw myself off a roof top...naah...the cops shot me down before I could jump!!!

Actually...I had mixed emotions...sorry that the Pats lost...but...I did win the poker tournament...$300!!! It's going into the LCD tv fund!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Actually, my old man and sister need to learn how to take care of things better. At the moment, it is in need, since it is the only loader, and the 684 is getting put back together. It has a loader too. Since I moved back home, I have been working at getting some of this stuff straightened out. My old man is pretty much banished from working on things any more, he is downright scary sometimes. Then I have to come along and straighten out his screw ups, just further ahead to do it myself the first time.

Quick Reply: The February BS thread