L&L Ultra Flow Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 12:38 PM
79F2504x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L&L Ultra Flow Headers

I was wondering if anyone has L&L Headers on a 460. I plan on buying some but would like to know if it is worth the money. Also are the power gains as good as they say they are.

What are the best gaskets to use with these headers and do you use silicon on them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chase

Old 08-10-2001, 05:02 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

L&L Ultra Flow Headers

I have heard a lot of good things about their headers on how they fit and how they perform over any others. I don't think silicon would be good to use since the heatrange is not going to keep up with how hot the headers will get. Permatex does make some copper seal spray that does work really well if you run the metal gaskets and not the asbestos ones. Other than that I would think that L&L would supply gaskets with the headers.

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Old 08-11-2001, 04:51 AM
cobrajet
Tuned
L&L Ultra Flow Headers

yes they are as good as they are advertised. and the power increase is outstanding. the thick header flange and the gaskets they provide will promote a tight seal with no leaks. i've had mine on for alittle over 2 years and NO leaks. the best money i could have spent on a set of headers that fit with NO problems either. if you have a F-150 4x4 when you order headers there are 2 different styles for the drivers side. all it boils down to is the collector on one is a little shorter for drive shaft clearance, i don't know if it's the same way on a F-250 or 350.. the plateing they use will keep your headers loking great for miles to come. just make sure you put a 2 1/2 inch or a 3 inch. exhaust system behind it to get the max. out of it. and yea well worth the money. ......

Old 08-12-2001, 09:12 PM
greenhighboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
L&L Ultra Flow Headers

Everything Cobrajet said is true.I replaced manifolds and 2-1/4" duals with a set of L&L's and run 3" pipes with 36" glasspacks out in front of the rear tire,it is awsome sounding and added more power than I ever thought it would. Some of the best money I ever spent!

Denis Palmer

Old 08-20-2001, 01:49 AM
tag
Freshman User
L&L Ultra Flow Headers

What about Doug Thorley Headers. The smog book at the shop by my house made it sound like those where the only ones that would be accepted, (for my truck, 86 F250 460).

Old 08-20-2001, 06:34 AM
laptopgeek
Elder User
L&L Ultra Flow Headers

Run like a champ on my '74! He purrs like a kitten when I need him to but will roar like a lion when I open up the 770CFM Holley. Fantastic...an awsome mind-trip....vaporize anybody I want to....
The kool thing about the L&L's is they give EASY access to the starter, compared to some of the competitor's product I've been reading about. I can have the starter out if I need to in less than 2 minutes. Well worth the money ----BUT----- don't by them from a certain dealer in Michegan. More detail about the Michegan character can be had by emailing me at laptopgeek at earthlink.net. Now, go order your L&L's...make your 460 dance like a butterfly and sting like a bee...

The LaptopGeek -----
1974 White F100 Custom Fleetside
460 bored .040 over & C-6 automatic 2WD
Lunati cam, L&L Headers / mounts
Holley Avenger 770CFM & Edlebrock RPM
Plush black leather 40-20-40 bench seat
38 gallon JC Whitney fuel tank

Old 08-21-2001, 02:30 AM
proud owner
Senior User
L&L Ultra Flow Headers