Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signature graphics, FTE guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Signature graphics, FTE guidelines

There has been a recent trend in this section of huge graphic files being inserted into signatures. While they are arguably nice, signatures which can be seen from orbit really aren't browse friendly to other users especially those with lower screen resolutions.

From our guidelines:

6. Signatures . Please do not post overly large or obnoxious signatures. Users are here to read the content, not to be annoyed by your signature.

Please folks... tone them down so we don't have to resort to hard guidelines. Its like "flare" --- express yourself but don't go over the top!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ken, how and in what ways did I go "over the top" in my signature so I can alter them?

JR

Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take fault for this since I'm the one that's making these signature pictures. I think the one that sparked this thread was the one I made for eco, and I only did that because his current signature is disgusting and offensive. Why have you not moderated his sig pic yet?

Anyways, what size would you like me to limit these sig pics at, Ken? I've been trying to make them LOOONNG and short but sometimes its tough. Seems to me that as long as they aren't super tall then there's no problem, right? Gimme a number and I'll keep it toned down.

As for Jr (flareside thunder)'s sig pic, I thought that one was rather compact in terms of its vertical dimension... Is his really that big?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM
TheRoadVirus
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you expect users to understand what that blanket statement means? You need to at least set some form of a guideline. As in 'whatever x whatever' dimensions.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
ps. Does Ken want a sig pic?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
tomtoc
Posting Guru
agreed - we've been trying to keep them rather small. if you have a dimensions (pixels) guideline, i think we'd all be happy to follow it.

as for my signature, i'd love to have both of my images (my pic and the folding at home image) on the same line....if someone can figure that out

Old 01-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Tom's whats the current code that you've got in your signature?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:39 PM
tomtoc
Posting Guru
no code, just try to get 2 images to show up on the same line ....can't be done. once you get 1 image, it automatically bumps you to the second line
continue further discussion here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...e-another.html

Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Sent you an email. Should have fixed it

Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
eco
Posting Guru
Even though Ken did not mention any names as to whom he is specifically referring to, my gut tells me that Skan's sig is the main rule breaker, and possibly mine too (which Skan helped me make).

Ken, if you do consider mine a rule breaker let me know and I (with Skan's help) will come up with something else or just get by without one.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
For the record, I took no part in the making/posting/recommended/ANYTHING of eco's current signature. I did however post an alternate signature (which he requested from me) to replace his current HIDEOUS sig. This is the one I posted which for some reason has now been deleted, I'm assuming because its too tall:

I think it's rather comedic But perhaps it IS too tall to be a sig pic. Still fun to look at though

Old 01-26-2008, 06:38 PM
ssidney
Senior User
put the obnoxious sigs on your ignore list......commenting on them only gives them the attention they crave

Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skandocious
For the record, I took no part in the making/posting/recommended/ANYTHING of eco's current signature. I did however post an alternate signature (which he requested from me) to replace his current HIDEOUS sig. This is the one I posted which for some reason has now been deleted, I'm assuming because its too tall:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/SkanSig%20Pics/pinkvan.png

I think it's rather comedic But perhaps it IS too tall to be a sig pic. Still fun to look at though
so, again, something the administrator has deleted you repost a link to again.

you are on your way to being thrown off the fte forum.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Originally Posted by quicklook2
so, again, something the administrator has deleted you repost a link to again.

you are on your way to being thrown off the fte forum.
Well they deleted the thread, not the picture. I went to bed and the thread was fine and woke up and it was gone, so I was assuming that, like usual, eco said something that was out of line and got the thread deleted. There's really nothing wrong picture itself, nothing offensive; so I can't image what would be wrong with just posting it for chitz and giggles. If it's not appropriate for whatever reason then Ken please delete it. I have no intentions of offended anybody on this website.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you just do not understand that fte has rules.

no matter what anyone says you do whatever you want and than you reason it out in your special way.

it is all getting very tiring.

Quick Reply: Signature graphics, FTE guidelines