Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

sct x3 versus livewire

Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
gtmustang00
Senior User
gtmustang00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
sct x3 versus livewire

the x3 can only hold 3 tunes right? how many tunes does the livewire hold? I'll most likely be ordering through elite diesel for the tuner. I'd like to have all 6 of their tunes if possible. If i can only run 3, which 3 should i run? economy, tow (which ones), and race (which one)?

Economy: This file adds a slight increase in power but is mainly designed to try and improve the economy from your 6.0L. A power gain of 20 rwhp/ 40 ft-lbs of torque can be expected. The Powerstroke engine with its Huei fuel system can sometimes be unpredictable and fuel economy gains can vary. Testing and customer feedback has shown that each truck responds differently and sometimes other files improve fuel economy better than our specific ďEconomyĒ file.

Tow: A gain of 30rwhp/60 ft-lbs of torque is the average gain from the tow file. To keep cylinder pressures at Internationalís recommended level this file is not as powerful as our High-Torque version but is still an excellent towing file for owners who wish to gain a slight amount of power and fuel economy yet still trying to keep reliability high.

High Torque Tow: This file produces more torque and lower EGTís than our standard Tow file but does raise cylinder pressures over Internationalís recommended limit. 50rwhp/100 ft-lbs of torque will be gained as well as an easier job towing those loads. Note: Certain 03-04 trucks are more susceptible to losing coolant out the overflow tank and in this case we would recommend going back to the standard Tow file.

Tow-Power: A more limited towing capacity is recommended with the Tow-Power file. 75rwhp/150 ft-lbs of torque is the usual gain. This file is for the truck owner wanting to get a more aggressive acceleration without getting carried away.

High-Power: The High-Power file is our most popular file. An easy gain of 100rwhp/200 ft-lbs of torque is the result of this tuning file. Many customers use this file 90% of the time. This will enable your truck to get out of the way of most oncoming traffic with ease.

Insanity: Our Hot Street/Race file. Peak power was the main concern of this tuning file. Up to 150hp/250 ft-lbs of torque is gained. Street drivability is still present but at a little less ease than the factory calibration. 13 second quarter mile times have been achieved with our Insanity file. A version of this file is what we run in our 700hp 6.0Lís.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:41 AM
gtmustang00
Senior User
gtmustang00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone know about these?

Old 01-06-2008, 04:42 PM
kaboom10
Elder User
kaboom10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you posted this in the diesel section also? I've got a 2002 5.4 gas engine and want to get an x3 also.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:55 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
tex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud oftex25025 has much to be proud of
The livewire if I remember correctly just holds three tunes and then your stock tune for a total of 4 tunes which is the same as the Xcal. I don't know if they have worked out the bugs on the livewire or not, but there have been some issues with it. I personally would go with the Xcal and get custom tunes. I would assume that you have the 6.0 based on what I saw on your profile, if that is the case, I would go with the Xcal and get Matt from Spartan a call and get some custom tunes that way. Plus having custom you can plan for bigger mods down the road(you might not be thinking of that now, but trust me it will sneak up on you before you realize it, trust me on that I speak from experiance). Also with the Xcal, you can get as many tunes as you want, but you can only load three onto the tuner at one time. I have six tunes on the computer and I swap them out depending on what I'm doing with the truck and what time of the year it is.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
07psdrookie
Senior User
07psdrookie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, don't worry about the canned tunes. Get an xcal2 or 3 with custom tunes tailored just for you. There are too many parameters to cover that a canned tune may not (which is a lot of stuff). Call up Innovative but we around here prefer Matt at Spartan....well 6.0 guys do.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Muledog
Freshman User
Muledog is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe Matt at Spartan told they dont even carry the livewire any longer. To many issues with it, buggy. Xcal 3 seems the way to go. Thats what I'm going to do, and some gauges from Spartan.

You may get more responses in the 6.0 thread.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
tippmann87
Elder User
tippmann87 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a livewire, and havent had any problems with it. I have a 2006 f250 PSD....Currently I'm using the preloaded tunes that came with it. It holds 3 preloaded and 3 custom tunes

Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
Dude, Call Matt and get His tunes!! You will thank me!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.