Sponsored by: DP Tuner

lossed power and died

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:57 PM
strokd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lossed power and died

Leaving the house it did not have the power it usually does and i got about 2 or so miles and it started running rough like i was only on 6 cyl. About two more miles felt like i only had 4 cyl until it slowed to a stop and ran very rough then died. Now it wont even start. It ran fine the day before, i have about 150 miles on this tank so... I have replaced the CPS with the new version thinking maybe it was it and it has fresh oil, and fuel in the fuel bowl. i also checked the UVC conectors and installed the retainer inserts just in case and still nothing. There is no smoke when it died and now when cranking over. Im going to try to get the codes read and see what that brings me.... Any ideas

Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well . do you have fuel in the fuel bowl?.maybe your pump is shot. drain all fuel from the bowl. close it, and than turn the key on until pump stops working.
maybe you fuel turn to jello?
sounds like fuel delivery problem.

EDIT:
check the fuel bowl after you turn the key if you have fuel in it.

Last edited by PETE'S_6.0PSD; 12-10-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any gauges while cranking, smoke? Oil level ok? Have you made any mods lately? All dash lights working as they should? Any chance you got water in you fuel? Yeah I know, damn bunch of questions, but it's the same one's I would be asking myself.