Stacks On A Gasser?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a lot of reasons to not run stacks, two of which are VERY annoying. One being the noise in the cab. The second being all that heat in your bed. You have to be careful what you put around your exhaust pipes.

With that being said, I want stacks on my truck so bad I can taste it. I love the looks of stacks. Second to stacks is straight out the back with big exhaust tips!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
86stackedford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my stackes dont get hot on my truck

Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
MR STACK
New User
my stacks dont realy get hot i also welded diamond plate across the fornt of them and put cutouts in it for the stacks to sit in so theres really nothing to werry bout. the only time your stack should get hot is when you poor the coal to her. another cool trick for you boys that want some smoke with your stacks, is dump a half quart of 80 weight oil down each stack and you will get bluish balck smoke be usre to heat your truck up first, and if somebodies gunna drive behind you let them know there windsheild is gunna get a little greasy.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 86stackedford
my stackes dont get hot on my truck
Why don't they?

Old 12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
MR STACK
New User
all your heat should be in your down pipe and where your y pipe enters the bed and it basically absorbs all the heat right there you shouldnt be gettin much heat at your tips or in your cross pipes

Old 12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MR STACK
my stacks dont realy get hot i also welded diamond plate across the fornt of them and put cutouts in it for the stacks to sit in so theres really nothing to werry bout. the only time your stack should get hot is when you poor the coal to her. another cool trick for you boys that want some smoke with your stacks, is dump a half quart of 80 weight oil down each stack and you will get bluish balck smoke be usre to heat your truck up first, and if somebodies gunna drive behind you let them know there windsheild is gunna get a little greasy.
Sorry, didn't see your post when I posted before. Can you take pictures of your stack set ups? I'm not sure what you mean by "i also welded diamond plate across the fornt of them and put cutouts in it for the stacks to sit in so theres really nothing to werry bout."

Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
MR STACK
New User
well i would but the pitchure wont do any justice we have 8 inches of snow right now and i aint gunna go blow off the snow. but basically what it is, is it is a 4ft x 2ft heat sheild is all that i made out of diamond plate that sits over the stacks and y pipe and i cut two squares out on either side of the diamond plate that sits on the brackets where i welded it. as soon as i grow enuff hair on my *** i will go brush the snow off there and take som pitchures for you

Old 12-14-2008, 04:39 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
well i would but the pitchure wont do any justice we have 8 inches of snow right now and i aint gunna go blow off the snow. but basically what it is, is it is a 4ft x 2ft heat sheild is all that i made out of diamond plate that sits over the stacks and y pipe and i cut two squares out on either side of the diamond plate that sits on the brackets where i welded it. as soon as i grow enuff hair on my *** i will go brush the snow off there and take som pitchures for you
I do appreciate it mr stack! I'm very eager to see your set up. I just can't picture what you're describing.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
MR STACK
New User
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/JUSTIN%20ROBERTS/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/stack%20cover.jpg[/IMG]idk if the pitchures showing up but this is an example of what i did

Old 12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
MR STACK
New User
heres what ya do since im not gunna go outside fer a while just type in on your search engine diamond plate stack sheilds and you will see that its basically a box and its a perdie good example of what ive done

Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
heres what ya do since im not gunna go outside fer a while just type in on your search engine diamond plate stack sheilds and you will see that its basically a box and its a perdie good example of what ive done
Not coming up with anything in FTE or Google. Google is trying to give me pictures of women. Not sure how it gets "stacks" and turns that into "women". My family is right behind me and I don't need them thinking I'm looking up ****, ha.

I'll have to wait for your pictures!

Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
MR STACK
New User
alright ill get some pitchures of the set up starting at the headers and then ill take my cover off and show you the hole set up with the cover and with out.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My stacks get pretty hot, I've only burned my self once in the several years I've had them though. It was dark and I was rummaging through my toolbox and bumped it with my arm. I had a bright red circle, about the size of a silver dollar for several weeks.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:21 PM
12engine
Postmaster
i wanna run stacks on my 94 4.9L . thatd be sweet and fake out every diesel truck around here with stacks. id prob only run 1 black stack out the passenger side if the bed.
i just gotta figure out a way to guard them when i load the bed (basically everyday). im thinkin a thick piece of steel (1/4") with a top piece that slides down the stack so i dont lose nuts, bolts, leaves, etc behind the guard. what do you think, muffler, or no muffler. i wanna keep (or better yet gain) low end torque.
do what makes you happy and screw the rest.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 12engine
i wanna run stacks on my 94 4.9L . thatd be sweet and fake out every diesel truck around here with stacks. id prob only run 1 black stack out the passenger side if the bed.
i just gotta figure out a way to guard them when i load the bed (basically everyday). im thinkin a thick piece of steel (1/4") with a top piece that slides down the stack so i dont lose nuts, bolts, leaves, etc behind the guard. what do you think, muffler, or no muffler. i wanna keep (or better yet gain) low end torque.
do what makes you happy and screw the rest.
Gonna be really loud with the pipe right next to your cab with no muffler.

I'd run a baffled muffler, maybe something like the 50 series Flowmaster.

There's a white Chebbie running around town with dual stacks and roof lights. Funny thing? It's lowered. He's going for that big rig look.. in a lowered truck.

Quick Reply: Stacks On A Gasser?