New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

BIGKEN is going bigtime

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:38 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gray91
I would except he seems to cheap to pay good cash. Drives an old car even though he is rolling in (pizza) dough.

So not everyone need a new car and truck all the time..I had a pickup truck for 14 years before we got the Explorer...I plan on keeping it for 10 years...He might blow your socks off someday and might buy a King Ranch...With a built-in-coffee pot.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 AM
gray91
Elder User
Originally Posted by sglaine
So not everyone need a new car and truck all the time..I had a pickup truck for 14 years before we got the Explorer...I plan on keeping it for 10 years...He might blow your socks off someday and might buy a King Ranch...With a built-in-coffee pot.
Bought a new car once.. Traded it after a time for another new one... But now no more. They're really not worth the hassle. Buy used, let the first guy eat the depreciation and do the Warranty Dance-- (Do this... Do that ...or void the warranty"

Phooey.

This is for rich guys like those in the lucrative automotive industry.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Bought a new car once.. Traded it after a time for another new one... But now no more. They're really not worth the hassle. Buy used, let the first guy eat the depreciation and do the Warranty Dance-- (Do this... Do that ...or void the warranty"

Phooey.

This is for rich guys like those in the lucrative automotive industry.

So are you going over to the Ford Garage and help Ken out..I am going there for an hour

Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
gray91
Elder User
So are you going over to the Ford Garage and help Ken out..I am going there for an hour
When is this? I'm ten minutes away.. Can help for a while, but work tonite.. Early is better

Last edited by gray91; 12-14-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM
gray91
Elder User
Talking

Actually I'll just head over there now... I thought about this last night in the wee hours, but wondered about their company policy, insurance regs and all that. If I slip and fall, no big deal, but they have to be careful and assume anyone can sue them---- that kind of thing.. Lawsuit-happy people really screw up the nice guy business.

("Now" of course means after I get the frozen coating of crusty snow from last nite off the windshield-- likely 15 minutes.)

I'll tell him the Fearless Leader made me do it.

Last edited by gray91; 12-14-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:48 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Actually I'll just head over there now... I thought about this last night in the wee hours, but wondered about their company policy, insurance regs and all that. If I slip and fall, no big deal, but they have to be careful and assume anyone can sue them---- that kind of thing.. Lawsuit-happy people really screw up the nice guy business.

("Now" of course means after I get the frozen coating of crusty snow from last nite off the windshield-- likely 15 minutes.)

I'll tell him the Fearless Leader made me do it.

I am heading there now

Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
gray91
Elder User
Talking

I am heading there now
Got there and he sent me away.. Today is New Hampshire Day and only help from New Hampshire is being accepted. Nice fresh donuts there, though

Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Got there and he sent me away.. Today is New Hampshire Day and only help from New Hampshire is being accepted. Nice fresh donuts there, though

Hey how come you skipped out and did not wait for me to get there.....I am there now.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
gray91
Elder User
Hey how come you skipped out and did not wait for me to get there.....I am there now.
BIGKEN says you're usually full of hot air and don't show up!!

He also said "New Hampshire People Only"

Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
BIGKEN says you're usually full of hot air and don't show up!!

He also said "New Hampshire People Only"

Hey I am stilll sitting at his desk...Come over I will be here until 2

Old 12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,223 Likes on 4,253 Posts
Hey gray91 and sglaine...thanks for stopping by and offering to help...insurance regs however...prohibit me from taking you up on your generous offer. It was good to see you guys...see ya at the next GTG!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
gray91
Elder User
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Hey gray91 and sglaine...thanks for stopping by and offering to help...insurance regs however...prohibit me from taking you up on your generous offer. It was good to see you guys...see ya at the next GTG!!!
Well we don't have a GTG this month, and a Sunday in January to Boston won't fly too well for me, so not a bad way to see at least a couple of the ugly faces of New England Chapter.

How do they handle the sudden workload anyway? a temp agency? Or does a manager work the phones to scare up some folks who could use a couple bucks.

At least now I know for sure... True Fearless Leaders wear Sweat Pants

Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
BIGKEN
Well we don't have a GTG this month, and a Sunday in January to Boston won't fly too well for me, so not a bad way to see at least a couple of the ugly faces of New England Chapter.

How do they handle the sudden workload anyway? a temp agency? Or does a manager work the phones to scare up some folks who could use a couple bucks.

At least now I know for sure... True Fearless Leaders wear Sweat Pants
We generally handle the workload with available company forces...today we were shorthanded due to vacation, days off, and we are 1 salesperson short. We will attack the lots again tomorow...if we finish...we finish...if we don't...we don't. There will be another opportunity on Monday...with a fresh foot + of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. At least on Monday...we will have a full compliment of sales department personnell...including a brand new...never sold cars before...green pea. A foot or more of junk...a great way to break him in!!!

Did you notice how our fearful leader was really testing the limits of the elastic waistband on those sweatpants??? He's also been known to turn a shirt button into a potentially lethal flying projectile!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
BIGKEN
By the way...gray91...congratulations on your 300th post!!! You have officially become a mini post ho!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:00 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Ken they didn't intend on working they just wanted to lighten your load a little by intercepting a few donuts..

Quick Reply: BIGKEN is going bigtime