Another Newbie Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
cruzinf100
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Newbie Here

Hey Folks,

Good to see there's a California chapter on this forum group. As the title indicates I'm a new member of ford-trucks.com. I've got a 1963 F100 Longbed, straight 6, 4 on the floor, white exterior\red trim, red\white interior. Mostly stock missing original rims. My girlfriend has a 1968 mercury cougar xr7, 302, 4bbl, c4.

I've recently purchased my truck after getting my girlfriend's car started. It was a deal she and I had made. Believe it or not my 63 was bought for less than $1500.00. I feel I was very lucky and have fallen in love with my truck.

I've always been a Ford guy where my first ever vehicle was a 86 Bronco XLT that I had bought off of my Dad. He used the 8,000.00 I gave him to buy an 89. We had 2 duallies in our family and now my Father drives my Mom's F350.

Anyways, I've put a hold on working on my girlfriend's cougar until I'm done taking care of the rust on my truck. In my spare time I have been searching for a car club in my area that caters to Ford enthusiasts but have had a hard time. There's 2 cougar clubs but outside of this my search hasn't turned anything up yet.

I'm hoping to meet some good folk in the bay area who would be up for cruising their f100's with me or to talk shop. Anyway...getting tired from typing and going to sign off now.

Just wanted to introduce myself...

Thanks

Old 11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hi Cruzinf100

Welcome to our neck of the woods known as FTE. We are a friendly, active group of guys and gals that love our Fords, get together to work on projects, have BBQ and help each other out. Please visit as often as you would like.

If you are interested in joining our Northern California Chapter of FTE, visit this page that has great information about us and how to join.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...start-here.html

Your pickup sounds pretty sweet. It will fit in great with the rest of the Fords in this chapter.

Feel free to contact me through private message (PM) or email if you have any questions about our group.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cruzinf100, Welcome to the Northern California Chapter.

Just curious; what part (district) of the city are you in?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Welcome to the club Cruzin, I am currently Fordless thanks to a bunch of underage brats torching my F-250, but will soon have a '87 Ranger to putt around in. :0 I am sure you will like the chapter as we all get along great with each other.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 AM
cruzinf100
Junior User
Thanks Folks

Thanks for the welcome folks! I've been part of the mercurycougar.net forum group for a few months now and was referred to this group from a few guys there. That forum impressed me and confirms that "gear heads" or "greasers" are just plain good people.

Now that I'm a truck owner again and am in love with my truck it seems I've found another home for my addiction. Thanks guys for the welcome...I'll be applying for FTE membership and look forward to talking more.

Hey nightless thanks and sorry to hear about your F-250...however, congrats on the Ranger.

Thanks Sierra...My girlfriend and I live in Bernal Heights.

And Fastmover thanks...I'll be checking out the link you've posted soon after sending this thread.

Thanks again!

Tony

Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzinf100
My girlfriend and I live in Bernal Heights.
Thanks again!

Tony
Cool. I use to live on Bronte Street, way back a long long time ago.

Again, welcome.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, the weather has turned cold, so there are not many events to choose from, but keep this in mind for the spring. There is an annual Ford Truck show that happens the week before Easter at Micke Grove Park in Lodi. Numerous members attended last year and a good time was had by all. Maybe you could come down and join the festivities. Jag

Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
By the powers vested to me by the FTE gods, I just approved Tony's request to join our great chapter. Let's all give him a big welcome.

Tony,

This is a great group of people. We hold a few big meets a year and a lot of smaller get-togethers to work on projects. We also chat through our chapter forum (here). This is a great place to ask questions, offer advice, and tease Mike or Dan as needed.

I look forward to meeting you sometime.

Karl

Old 11-29-2007, 01:48 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Yeah! Welcome Tony.

I am a little distracted at the moment and this was the best I could do on short notice. Hopefully we'll get to meet in person one of these days.

Chet

Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Karl, what's with your avitar? Are you feeling blue because of the election? Jag

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jag Red 54
Karl, what's with your avitar? Are you feeling blue because of the election? Jag
NAh, I am happy I didn't have to campaign!!

I am half Swedish and that guy is one of our heroes... Beowulf (the newest version of him at least).

One again, welcome Tony. See how serious we are.

Now I have to get back to work reorganizing DNA and earning my money.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
cruzinf100
Junior User
Thnaks Folks For the Welcome...

...I'm proud to be part of this chapter. Thanks Fastmover for the acceptance. I'm looking forward to the spring where I hope to meet most of you; seems like a group of good light hearted people.

As for my Truck I might need your guys help identifying type\size of motor she has, where she was built, and even confirmation on what bed is on her (styleside, longbed, uni?).

I'll get the vin info posted sometime tomorrow night just in case anyone from this group can decode or tell me how to decode.

Once again thanks for the welcome folks.....I look forward to participating.

Tony

Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
There is a decoder in the New start here thread for this chapter. that should help.

Half Swedish eh Karl, which half?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM
f2501967
Senior User
tony,

hello and welcome to our own little part of the world. ive been a member only a short while, they all been a great bunch of people here.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome Tony!
I'll put odds that you have a 223.
6 in a row make it GO!