6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

10k Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
66stang351
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackhat620
Actually the API Licensing & Certification requirements are very specific, and in order for an oil to "meet the API performance category" it must adhere to the API Licensinge & Certification requirements as spelled out in API publication 1509.

Link works fine for me.
Problem is according to the link I pasted the motorcraft oil met the performance category but it was not stated as having been certified at that time...and pictures of the containers confirmed that it did not have the API starburst. Per the API's rules if it doesn't have the starburst it is not certified. So you have a choice, either Motorcraft lied or your interpretation of "Meet the performance category" is wrong.

If you can provide a link that states an oil that meets every part of the spec to be API certified, but is not certified, will void any warranty anywhere post it. Otherwise just keep to informing people that Amsoil is not API certified so there is no proof that it meets the specs except Amsoils word on it.

BTW, the only reason I am pushing on you for hard evidence is because of your condesceding and demeaning tone to other FTE members, especially when you demand a link to proof when I guy states his opinion based on his personal experince(and he presented it as such) and say if he does not provide said proof he is a troll and a fanboy. Also, you called Amsoil "scAmsoil", if you have proof that Amsoil is scamming people please post it.

Last edited by 66stang351; 11-14-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 AM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 66stang351
Problem is according to the link I pasted the motorcraft oil met the performance category but it was not stated as having been certified at that time...and pictures of the containers confirmed that it did not have the API starburst. Per the API's rules if it doesn't have the starburst it is not certified. So you have a choice, either Motorcraft lied or your interpretation of "Meet the performance category" is wrong.

If you can provide a link that states an oil that meets every part of the spec to be API certified, but is not certified, will void any warranty anywhere post it. Otherwise just keep to informing people that Amsoil is not API certified so there is no proof that it meets the specs except Amsoils word on it.

BTW, the only reason I am pushing on you for hard evidence is because of your condesceding and demeaning tone to other FTE members, especially when you demand a link to proof when I guy states his opinion based on his personal experince(and he presented it as such) and say if he does not provide said proof he is a troll and a fanboy. Also, you called Amsoil "scAmsoil", if you have proof that Amsoil is scamming people please post it.
You need to read API publication 1509, an API Certified & Licensed oil must display the Service Symbol "Donut," and may display the Certification Mark "Starburst" if the oil meets the requirements of the "Starburst." The API Service Symbol "Donut" is required on API rated oils and can appear anywhere on the container, the Certification Mark "Starburst" is not required, but if it is used it must be displayed on the front of the container. In the link to the Motorcraft website that you posted, the bottles in the pictures are only partially visable, all sides are not in view. Furthermore the web designer can use any picture of a Motorcraft jug they choose, it does not have to be current. There are no requirements for what picture is used on a website per API. Per API the container provided to the consumer, containing the product for commercial sale must carry the appropriate API Service Symbol "Donut" & "product traceablility code", and may display the Certification Mark "Starburst." Please take the time to read API publication 1509, so that you can properly understand and comprehend the requirements. In addition the Motorcraf API CJ-4 oil has been licensed by API since February 18, 2007, far before the first 6.4 rolled off the assembly line to a consumer.

I posted the links to the FMC 08 SD manuals and warranty more than once in this thread along with quotes from the publications and so did diesel_dan. FMC specifically states in their manuals what is required to keep by the consumer to keep the limited warranty intact. The FMC manuals specifically states what service, maintenance and with what types of products must be performed to keep the warranty valid.

As far as pushing me hard for evidence, you obviously cannot read or follow the links to the information presented before you, as your questions have been answered, yet you continue to ask the same questions over and over. The verifiable third party links have been posted more than once in this thread, in addition to the other two threads that were linked in a previous post. Please have someone read these to you that can explain them to you in terms you will understand.

Obviously you either do not want to know the truth or do not understand it, which is not suprising as most Amsoil Trolls are too far sucked into the Scamsoil cult and only care about making a dollar and spreading Amsoils drival and false marketing claims, to ever believe the facts or the factual data as outlined by both API & FMC in this case.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
fordfish
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As posted in post #15 of this thread. But i will post the info direct from the 08 PSD manual for you again. Both Dino and Synthetic oil are to be changed at the same interval per FMC. 10K "normal" driving, 5k if you are in the "special operating conditions." No place in any 08 FMC PSD manual will you find OCI of 25k miles or 1-year. This is more Amsoil BS and propaganda.

"Use the same engine oil and filter change intervals when using
synthetic engine oil."

See page 42 of the FMC 08 PSD manual
www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WO8F23/~MUS~LEN/33/0860l6d3e.pdf

If someone wants to try and run extended OCI on the 6.4 it will take a quality API CJ-4 certified & Licensed oil along with a bypass filtration system and regular UOA analysis.
Pg. 77 Sch. Maint. of F Series, Normal Driving, 10K oil and Filter Change.
and every 10K after that, so it's NOT BS.
I personally don't wait that long, but I am quoting what I said out of the manual.
Have you spoke with Amsoil Tech?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 AM
fordfish
Senior User
[QUOTE=blackhat620]All of the data i posted has been backed up by verifiable facts & links, in numerous threads and posts including this thread. Please read the verifiable facts & links. You still have not provided 1 verifiable link or fact to your false statements about API Certification and Amsoil cheerleading.

Here is the information from the FMC 08 Warranty manual page 2 &3:
"It is your responsibility to make sure that all of the scheduled maintenance is performed and that the materials used meet Ford engineering specifications. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance as specified in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide will invalidate warranty coverage on parts affected by the lack of maintenance. Make sure that receipts for completed maintenance work are retained with the vehicle and confirmation of maintenance work is always entered in your Scheduled Maintenance Guide."
www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WO8F23/~MUS~LEN/41/08frdwa3e.pdf

Here is the information direct from the FMC 08 PSD manual page 41 & 42:
"Engine oil specifications
To help achieve acceptable engine performance and durability, it is
important that only engine oils of good quality are used in your diesel
engine and it is changed at the recommended interval. For normal or
severe service, use Motorcraft oil or an equivalent oil conforming to Ford
specification WSS-M2C171–E or API service categories CJ-4 or CJ-4/SM.
It is important to use these oils because they are compatible with the
emission control equipment of your vehicle to meet the more stringent
emission standards."

"A symbol has been developed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to help you select the proper engine oil. It will be included on the oil container you purchase. The top section of the symbol shows the oil performance by the API designation. This should match the owner guide recommendation. The center section will show the SAE viscosity grade"

• An engine block heater must be used at temperatures below –10°F (–23°C).
• Use the same engine oil and filter change intervals when using synthetic engine oil.
• Heavier 15W–40 and 5W–40 engine oils are recommended for temperature over 50°F (10°C) and must be used for heavy duty driving and trailer towing"
www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WO8F23/~MUS~LEN/33/0860l6d3e.pdf

The Only way an oil can display the API "Donut & Starburst" on the container of oil is to have the oil "Certified & Licensed" by API. Without the API "Donut & Starburst" symbol correctly displayed on the container of oil, there is absolutely no way to verify the contents of the container or if it meets the API Certification specifications as outlined by API in their license agreement and publication 1509 (Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System)
www.api.org/certifications/engineoil/pubs/upload/1509_16thedition042007.pdf[/QUOTE]

Pg. 77 of the 6.4 SUPPLEMENT OWNERS GUIDE!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM
fordfish
Senior User
This is pure BS. If you are going to run extended OCI, you must install a bypass oil filtration system and run UOA, then change the oil based on the UOA.
Blackhat620 Turn to pg. 77 of the 6.4 Supp. F-Series Maint under normal driving, 10K intervals is what you'll find.
BS is if you don't apologize for all to read, since you called BS outloud, apologize OUTLOUD.
Otherwise just leave the 6.4 Forum, I don't go trollin in the 6.0 Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 AM
66stang351
Elder User
You need to read API publication 1509, an API Certified & Licensed oil must display the Service Symbol "Donut," and may display the Certification Mark "Starburst" if the oil meets the requirements of the "Starburst." The API Service Symbol "Donut" is required on API rated oils and can appear anywhere on the container, the Certification Mark "Starburst" is not required, but if it is used it must be displayed on the front of the container. In the link to the Motorcraft website that you posted, the bottles in the pictures are only partially visable, all sides are not in view. Furthermore the web designer can use any picture of a Motorcraft jug they choose, it does not have to be current. There are no requirements for what picture is used on a website per API. Per API the container provided to the consumer, containing the product for commercial sale must carry the appropriate API Service Symbol "Donut" & "product traceablility code", and may display the Certification Mark "Starburst." Please take the time to read API publication 1509, so that you can properly understand and comprehend the requirements. In addition the Motorcraf API CJ-4 oil has been licensed by API since February 18, 2007, far before the first 6.4 rolled off the assembly line to a consumer.

I posted the links to the FMC 08 SD manuals and warranty more than once in this thread along with quotes from the publications and so did diesel_dan. FMC specifically states in their manuals what is required to keep by the consumer to keep the limited warranty intact. The FMC manuals specifically states what service, maintenance and with what types of products must be performed to keep the warranty valid.

As far as pushing me hard for evidence, you obviously cannot read or follow the links to the information presented before you, as your questions have been answered, yet you continue to ask the same questions over and over. The verifiable third party links have been posted more than once in this thread, in addition to the other two threads that were linked in a previous post. Please have someone read these to you that can explain them to you in terms you will understand.

Obviously you either do not want to know the truth or do not understand it, which is not suprising as most Amsoil Trolls are too far sucked into the Scamsoil cult and only care about making a dollar and spreading Amsoils drival and false marketing claims, to ever believe the facts or the factual data as outlined by both API & FMC in this case.
You have not once provided a link to anything that states API certification is required. Everything posted says either meet the motorcraft spec or the API service category. To me that means those are two different things, and you don't have to meet the API service category if you meet the motorcraft spec.

As for the webpage, you wanted webpages for evidence...anybody can find proof of anything they want on the web. And they can read it in many different ways. If you read though every oil on that page you will notice they are very consistent in marking each one as API certified. That is except the 2 superduty oils. To me this shows thast when the webpage was made they were not yet certified as they are now. Yet, they are still listed as reccomended for use. If this is tru that means certification is not required. In fordfishes post he shows quotes that state the API system of displaying symbols and it says they are there to help the customer select an oil. It does not say if they API certification is not present to not use the oil though. If the API certification was required I would expect that fact to be strongly pronounced at every opportunity.

And as for Amsoil, I could care less aout them. The only thing I asked for there was proof of them scamming people. This would be big news and would help put them out of business if it exists.

p.s. I like how anyone that disagrees with you is automatically a troll and Amsoil lover.

Last edited by 66stang351; 11-14-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
66stang351
Elder User
You need to read API publication 1509
I just found it, no thanks to you who require links but don't provide them, and thought the first page of text after the cover sheet was rather illuminating.
API does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that such products do in fact conform to the applicable API standard.
Gotta love those special notes. This means that it can be certified and not necessarily conform to the standard. The converse of this would be conforming to the standard while not being certified. If you can't admit that it is even a possibility what are you...a troll and a API fanboy? Just an innocent question.

As I have stated more than once Amsoil means nothing to me, but I have to ask, what in the world did they do to you to make you hate them and anyone that uses it so much?

Last edited by 66stang351; 11-14-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 66stang351
As I have stated more than once Amsoil means nothing to me, but I have to ask, what in the world did they do to you to make you hate them and anyone that uses it so much?
Please do not answer that question. This is not an amsoil thread and we don't want to make it into one. Let's agree to disagree and end it now. We're doing the OP a diservice by taking this thread so far off topic. The topic is Ursa 15w40. If you want to continue the discussion the way it's been going, please do it in the proper place. Scroll down to the Oil and Lubrication forum. Start a new thread. If becomes an amsoil thread be advised it will get merged into this thread, The Amsoil Anomaly. It's sort of a forum within a forum.

Last edited by horsepuller; 11-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
fordfish
Senior User
Originally Posted by horsepuller
Please do not answer that question. This is not an amsoil thread and we don't want to make it into one. Let's agree to disagree and end it now. We're doing the OP a diservice by taking this thread so far off topic. The topic is Ursa 15w40. If you want to continue the discussion the way it's been going, please do it in the proper place. Scroll down to the Oil and Lubrication forum. Start a new thread. If becomes an amsoil thread be advised it will get merged into this thread, The Amsoil Anomaly. It's sort of a forum within a forum.

Finally ,,,, AMen

Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by horsepuller
Texaco Ursa 15w40 is fully compliant with API CJ-4. Accept nothing less. If your quick lube offers Ursa 15w40, use it with confidence.

I found this at the Chevron website but I had trouble linking to the PDF this came from. So here's cut & paste:
As per horsepullers original post, here is the link to the pdf document on "Texaco Ursa Premium TDX EC 15W40" HDEO.
http://www.texacoursa.com/ursa_world...da_mexico.html

Select "Product and Data Shortcuts" for the U.S. and Canada on the left hand side of the page. On the "Product Sata Sheets" page select the oil to view the pdf document.

If this is the oil installed in the OP truck by the local Xpress Lube, it is an API CJ-4 licensed oil, and will work very well in his 6.4 PSD and meet all of FMC & API requirments.

Last edited by blackhat620; 11-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
cHiLi 11
Senior User
Thanks for everyone who helped answer my questions. This weekend I am gonna have the oil changed, and I will be sure to update you guys.

Nick