General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

dog the bounty hunter

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:58 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NewEnglandHerdsman
I don't understand the "said it in private, but I really didn't mean it" apology. If he (and lots of others in similar cases) think it's wrong, then don't do it - even in private. If he thinks it's ok (in public or private) don't apologize for it.

All who do this just come off as spineless hypocrites, and that's what really does the damage to them...
true true, you dont usually say something unless you mean it.

what im getting at is, its completely opposite than what imus did, imus said it over the air. (nappy h. h.)

dog, was having a conversation with his son on the phone.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its just street talk.

if it was so offensive, then i wouldn't hear so many black sang songs or black directed movies having the word in it. plus anyone that has ever hung around or been around blacks a lot knows that the "n" word is a pretty common greeting among them.

so it is hard to take seriously the supposed offensivness of the word when the people who are suppose to be offended by it so much use it so aften among themselves.

i think the black community has more problems to worry about than someone who is using what is basically now days street slang.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
NewEnglandHerdsman
Lead Driver

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by freirefishing
true true, you dont usually say something unless you mean it.

what im getting at is, its completely opposite than what imus did, imus said it over the air. (nappy h. h.)

dog, was having a conversation with his son on the phone.
Yup, you're right - although I wouldn't say that what Imus did was the opposite - I'd say it was a stupider version of the same. But yes, saying it in public is obviously dumber than saying it in private and the "apology" comes off even lamer.

But I'm of the mind that you're most likely to see the real person when their guard is down, not once they kick into forced PC mode. Then they always say "I didn't mean it" (which they most likely did), rather than "Hey, I learned something not so cool about myself". Dog's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but from what I've seen he'd not be above something like that.

Do you think what you did was wrong, or did you just get caught?

Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
its a word that will always devide the races. until its never heard of again (which wont happen), there will always be tension among races.

that word was used to describe someone of lesser value(or of no value), and now that race wants to refurbish that word to try and make it acceptable amongst themselves, but at the same time any other race that uses it, they take it in the same context as it was used in the 40's.

we'll always but heads.

but hey homosapiens killed off the neanderthal, because they looked different. now we have a justice system to prevent that, but it doesnt mean that we have to get along.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 AM
NewEnglandHerdsman
Lead Driver

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
I think one reason that blacks have adopted the word and use it, is to diminish its impact. If they use it enough, then they "own" it - a good defense mechanism...

Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
I agree, if DOG just came out and said "big deal, we all talk like sailors in our office and tell nasty jokes and use foul words to deal with the stress of dealing with people on the street" and then said something to the effect "sometimes I am surprised I can eat with this mouth" it probably would have been a non-issue.

> The entire focus of the trial then shifted away from O.J. and onto Mark Fuhrman.

As well as it should have when you have a police officer lying through his teeth that had direct access to not only DNA evidence, but, the scene (OJs house) where DNA evidence was found and could have been planted by someone with an ax to grind.

If Furman had just said, yea, I use the word all the time, it would have been a non-issue. When a cop lies under oath about one thing, you have to assume they lie about everything and are capable of any misdeed.

In my world, a lying witness gets the sentence that would have been given the accused, he got off light.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
kcmelty
New User
Originally Posted by freirefishing
we need people like him, and what he says in his private time should be kept private. thanks to the media, hes toast.
we have all said things at one time or another.
We might need people like him to help control crime, but we don't need him on TV. If you have a bad public image, you don't sell ad space. If you want to keep your job on TV, control you image.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While I could care less about what he said on the phone to his kid I am still glad that his show is gone. He always tried to come across as some righteous, law abiding crusader when really he's a hypocrite.

Good riddance, Mr. Dog.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Econoline 150
Elder User
Originally Posted by godblessmud
Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, a public apology for saying something in a private conversation.

and why is it that only whites can be racist?
Its a double standard. I find it strange that rap music screams the N word and kids play that garbage loud and nobody hears it ?
I never watched the show, but his son is an idiot. He just sank his fathers (and probably his later on) buisiness that made alot of money for a girl he'll probably break up with down the road.

Last edited by Econoline 150; 11-07-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Originally Posted by kcmelty
We might need people like him to help control crime, but we don't need him on TV. If you have a bad public image, you don't sell ad space. If you want to keep your job on TV, control you image.
he had a positive image, until a private conversation was made public

Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dragogt
so how long before the "good" Reverend's Sharpten, and Jackson are calling for his head.....er job?
Believe it or not, he said that it was a private conversation and we do not know all aspects of it. I almost lost it when I heard him say something that made sence

Old 11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
J Hodges
Senior User
I don't see a problem with what he said. You can basically watch any black show and here that word all the time. I go to school with some blacks and they sey it to each other like its no big deal. Their is racists in every race but only whites get blamed for it. I belive their are two kinds of black people. The ones that try to good are just a black man or woman but these that are in gangs and act like trash are ni!@#$s. I was told that from a black guy. And I don't see how you could think Dog is dumb because he caught the serial rapist Andrew Luster when no one else could even though he broke Mexican law.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
ronwilll
Senior User
Does anybody really care what "Dog" said or what happens to him as a result?

This show that I have watched a few times - out of boredom - is an excellent example of the banality of television.

The show is a joke with blonde and accessoried Dog, his amply endowed wife, tatooed son and long pony-tailed brother as the punchline.

Phew!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't the NAACP have mock funeral for the n word? I believe they want everyone to stop using it.

As for Dog, you gotta love "Trailer Trash" tv shows like that one. It was so stupid, it was funny. In one of the 2 or 3 episodes I saw, one of this crew got his pepper spray can taken from him, and the guy they were chasing blasted him with it. He cried like a punk.

Every notice that Dog doesn't carry a firearm? It's illegal for a convicted felon to carry or posses one...

Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
kwob
Senior User
Originally Posted by ronwilll
Does anybody really care what "Dog" said or what happens to him as a result?

This show that I have watched a few times - out of boredom - is an excellent example of the banality of television.

The show is a joke with blonde and accessoried Dog, his amply endowed wife, tatooed son and long pony-tailed brother as the punchline.

Phew!
Exactly! I don't really care what he said...or who he was talking to. It's not an issue in my life.

Quick Reply: dog the bounty hunter