6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Truck was broken into last Friday..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Pwarrenn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck was broken into last Friday..

Friday between 3-6 pm my truck got the locked popped and they stole stuff out of the center seat compartment..Watch, Sunglasses and my work Brief case that was in the back...Did not take any of the quarters in the compartment?????? I was at a local establishment having refreshments that is in a huge area with a Home Depot, WalMart, GI Joes..and a few other stores...I cannot believe the alarn did not go off..I was told by the establishment that they have been having a lot of cars broken into...I was warned by a guy who had an 03-05 truck like mine and he said his has been broken into 3 times.. SO I guess these freaking stock alarms do not really work..Any sugestions on an aftermarket alarm??? When I got the door lock replaced on saturday the Ford guy even said a lot of these trucks get broken into...Weak locking system...SO I guess these trucks are prone the break-ins???? WTF...What a f-ed weekend....

Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
fordfish
Senior User
Stock alarms? I thought it was just a KEY THING, so only your coded key will start the engine,,,,hope I'm wrong- would like to have a built in alarm on the SD's

Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fordfish
Stock alarms? I thought it was just a KEY THING, so only your coded key will start the engine,,,,hope I'm wrong- would like to have a built in alarm on the SD's
Yep, just a coded key, no audible alarm from the factory.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Leonandlisa
Tuned
There isnt a factory alarm included, you can get the remote start put on that includes an alarm but otherwise it only has keyless entry. Ford SD have been easy to break into for along time, I have one and we have about 30 of them in our company and we get a truck stolen every couple of months. For the work trucks it is turned into insurance but for the personal trucks we put metal door handle and trim on to prevent the break in since the plastic provided is easily broke into with a screwdriver.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Pwarrenn
Senior User
No alarm....Well, I guess I need one for sure now...

Old 11-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Leonandlisa
Tuned
We have alarms on all of our work trucks and we also installed truck trackers, the alarms do nothing, no one pays attention to them when they go off anymore unless it would happen to be parked in front of your house. The truck trackers at least tell us where to go to pick up a truck that has been stripped of all tools and material. If you are looking for a suggestion I would suggest putting on billet or metal door handles and trim as that is the break in point which would make the would be theif move onto the next truck that doesn't have it. You need to remember they broke into your truck not knowing if it had a alarm or not, didnt slow them down any.

Just my opinion.

Leon

Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
expeditor
Junior User
actually, ford service dept installed a remote start/ alarm combo...it has impact sensor and warn away chirp...i found that u need to program the warn away real real high and it goes off when the wind blows...i know i know..but my neighborhood is bad and the neighbors wont talk to me cuz i bought a 08 psd dually crew cab any way so to heck with em. fyi the dealer had to be informed by me that the service dept did offer a alarm/remote start... its called the gold package.that was a fun 20 min. argument. chuck

Old 11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a Viper 5900.. It won't ever fail you! Mine has been a blessing, and alerted me to certain things.. I have the GPS addon, cost me $300 for 3 years.. With the GPS addon, it will send me an email and a text message to my cell phone alerting me my alarm was activated along with my Keyfob going crazy!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Cardiac_RN
New User
Just like STORM I also have the viper 5900 and the viper 210v gps add-on real neat and effective combo.. A little pricey but after loosing one truck to ignorant thieves This was a small price to pay. The gps does require you to pay for the service but with all the features I.E. over the internet starter disable and if you lock your keys in it will allow ou to unlock and the tracking it makes an effective combo against thieves. Might not stop them from breaking in but aleast you can run out to your truck and catch them "red" handed

Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cardiac_RN
Just like STORM I also have the viper 5900 and the viper 210v gps add-on real neat and effective combo.. A little pricey but after loosing one truck to ignorant thieves This was a small price to pay. The gps does require you to pay for the service but with all the features I.E. over the internet starter disable and if you lock your keys in it will allow ou to unlock and the tracking it makes an effective combo against thieves. Might not stop them from breaking in but aleast you can run out to your truck and catch them "red" handed

Exactly.. It's not cheap but damn it was worth it for this $40,000 investment! I would die if my truck ever got stolen.. I have sunk so much money into it, that it breaks my heart that folks don't think about aftermarket security.. You may have to push some mods aside for a month or two.. But I gaurantee that when you loose that truck, you'll wish you had bought it.. It was the very first thing I put on when I bought mine..

Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Unfortunately most vehicles are easy to break into if you know what your doing. Have you checked with the big stores around the parking lot to see if any have video cameras on the light towers? You might get lucky and have the break in caught on film.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
sorry to hear about the truck man. There isnt much that can make you feel more violated than someone breaking in and stealing your stuff.

I don't know if you have seen them or not, but you might want to look into jimmi jammers. (http://www.jimmijammer.com/JJ%20desc...,%20103000.htm) Basically they are designed to prevent exactly what happened to your truck.

Good luck :-)

Isaac

Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhat620
Yep, just a coded key, no audible alarm from the factory.
Being the OP's truck is a XLT it may or may not have the coded key (SecuriLock). It is optional on XL's and XLT's.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
Being the OP's truck is a XLT it may or may not have the coded key (SecuriLock). It is optional on XL's and XLT's.
Yes, good catch i missed the part about his truck being an XLT.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Pwarrenn
Senior User
So, Jimmy Jammer or Alarm????

Quick Reply: Truck was broken into last Friday..