Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

53-56 front bumper

Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
nytling92
Senior User
nytling92 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great thread. Those are both AWESOME looking trucks!!! I guess I hadn't seen the black one B4, you give us something to work and strive for, thanks.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:47 AM
CIAF
Posting Guru
CIAF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ed-Wayne, did some creepin around to measure and now I can see that my lower bracket is going to hit the valance ( gravel shield ) and that is considering my val and clip sit higher than normal ( I have a 1.5" gap over between the frame horn top and the val opening low ) so... did you re-use the bracket or fab a new style??? I would rather not cut my valance so the bracket will work. BTW, my bumper is a SS with separate brackets that bolt on to the bottom of bumper and then to the bottom of frame horns.
Jon

Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Wayne & Ed,

Dang it! You guys should warn us when you are going to be posting pics of your trucks! The drool keeps shorting out my keyboard and now, once again, I have to go out and buy another one.

Bobby

Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy
B/B ford has a good reputation on FTE.B/B ford has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Jon, My gravel pan also comes in contact with the brackets. My gravel pan is fiberglass and it just barely contacts the bracket so I just put a rubber hose with slit over the bracket where it touched the gravel pan. It might be rube goldberg but I didn't want to grind on the stainless brackets.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
fat54
New User
fat54 is starting off with a positive reputation.
GREAT LOOKING TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv the stance. Question, did you narrow the rear end in the truck?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
FordRacing250
New User
FordRacing250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
nice looking trucks... this is something i was wondering about also.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by fat54
GREAT LOOKING TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv the stance. Question, did you narrow the rear end in the truck?
Who are you addressing this to?

I didn't shorten the rear end, it's stock length. It appears shortened because the fender was extended by 1.5" wider than stock. The 10 inch rims give it that deep dish look which also makes the rear end looked shortened.

As far as my front bumper, don't tell anyone, but my bumper doesn't have the lower brackets. it's held on by the top bumper bolts only. I'm thinking about fabricating some stainless steel brackets for the lower, just for safety reasons.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:15 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy
As far as my rear end goes, it was a donor 9" of unknown origins. It only measures 53 1/2" flange to flange.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
CIAF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Wayne & Ed,

Dang it! You guys should warn us when you are going to be posting pics of your trucks! The drool keeps shorting out my keyboard and now, once again, I have to go out and buy another one.

Bobby
Bobby, when these two guys post their trucks like that it is REALLY hard to not hijack the thread. I've been mega-drooling over Waynes truck for some time now, and then Ed puts his on the "large screen" and now I can't sleep at nite. I need a bib man.
Jon

Oh yea, the thread , thanks for the info Wayne, Rube and I are on a first name basis.
Jon

PS to Bobby, I need a fomoko 1 bbl for my 63 falc 170 ci, any spares??
Jon

Last edited by CIAF; 11-01-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
............hijack, hijack, hijack............

Jon, I don't have a spare but I'll check around with a few buddies....

Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I appreciate the great comments from you guys. To be honest, I've seen Wayne's truck up close and it's a thing of beauty. My opinion is that my truck is nice, but I have to say it has a long way to go to get to where Wayne's truck is. B/B ford is very nice, and I'm not saying that because Wayne's a nice guy and a friend of mine. I know Wayne wishes he had my engine instead of his, but that's another post some time. LOL....

Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
FordRacing250
New User
no matter what both of you have nice trucks.... maybe i will see you guys around sometime... both are semi local to me.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy
Wink

Originally Posted by FordRacing250
no matter what both of you have nice trucks.... maybe i will see you guys around sometime... both are semi local to me.
If not before I hope we will see you at the F100 Westernationals in 08.

Ed, if you are planning on going I hope we can meet up and go in together this time?

Is your truck a boy or girl Ed? I think our trucks make a nice pair.

Last edited by B/B ford; 11-02-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
FordRacing250
New User
I tried to make it to them this year but it was on my bday and i was pretty much tied up for the weekend. had my neighbor go with P/L of OC seen some pics on the web, definatly a nice show. who knows if my truck will be done by then but im hoping to have it running soon. then just got to finish lots of odds and ends. I met a few of the P/L guys at my neighbors house 1 night, I dont know if you know him but Chris with the orange 56, he goes to alot of the shows around here...
tim

Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
I'm not going there Wayne. It would be an honor to cruise in with you at the Westernnationals. Should I bring the pantyhose????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 53-56 front bumper

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.