1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What are Rep points?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What are Rep points?

Hey guys, inlight of current threads. What in the world are rep points? I didn't even know I'd been bad this time?(honestly I haven't even checked) I don't even know where to look? So what in the world??

Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click on the hourglass in the upper right hand corner of another user's post. You will get a popup where you can approve/disapprove and write a comment. Only they will see the comment or rating. A bunch of positive ratings adds green dots to the right or your post count.

To view your reps and comments click on the User CP menu option in the blue bar above.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by 53OlderThanMe
To view your reps and comments click on the User CP menu option in the blue bar above.
Then what?? My CP doesn't say anything about that. Unless I am missing something.

R

Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Originally Posted by rcav8or
Then what?? My CP doesn't say anything about that. Unless I am missing something.

R
Maybe you had no points, I just gave you some. Try again.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Originally Posted by 53OlderThanMe
Maybe you had no points, I just gave you some. Try again.
Actually it appears it is not available on this forum. Thats the way it works on my Caddy forum. When you go to User CP then edit options there is a check box to turn on the display of rep points. This forum doesn't have it that I can find. Sorry.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,381 Likes on 1,137 Posts
[QUOTE=Beast12]OK, this is how it works:

If you go to a USER's post and you think it is a good post (good info, user went above and beyond, etc.) then you can click the Scales in the top right hand corner of THEIR post. A window will come up and allow you to click APPROVE or DISAPPROVE of their post and make a comment.

Always make a comment (gives the user more points) and click approve. You should not click DISAPPROVE (give negative points) in my opinion just because it could come back to haunt you (user will always be watching for you).

You can view the comments that user's gave you by clicking USER CP in the top left hand corner of the screen. When the new page comes up go to the bottom right and it should have Latest Reputation Received. You will have up to 15 comments from users (it used to only show 5). If you can't see any comments you either don't have any or you need to click the double DOWN ARROWS beside the points total. It will also show you for what thread as well. Click the thread title and you will see the post you received them on.

Once you get 100+ points then you will get 2 green squares beside your name. And so on for every 100 points. You will get points based on a users reputation. So for example, you will get little points from a new user but you will get more points from someone who has been here for a while that has a good reputation.

You do not get ANYTHING for the points you receive. It is basically just a pat on the back to make you feel good. Try not to abuse the point system and just give out points for fun or just because. Do it because you really feel as though a user went out of their way or deserve the points. You don't necessarily need to give a user points BACK just because they gave you some.

The green squares are only for reputation, nothing else.
Hope this helps.

-Matt
More info here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ght=rep+points

Last edited by Fomoko1; 10-15-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:41 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Thanks, Morris, and 53older...

Hmmm. Maybe I should look for a 53, then I could be 53asoldasme...nah, I'll stick with the 51. I like to think that I could have been conceived in one...

I'm no longer pointless!

R

Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a good way to suckup to the Mod.
Give him a whole bunch, that way if you do step on a frog he'll feel bad about comming down on you too hard.

I've been registered since 2001(this time) and already have 36 greenie points

Last edited by 4tl8ford; 10-16-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,924 Likes on 1,872 Posts
Morris,

Thanks for the explanation. I've been wondering about them myself. In the past I never gave them too much thought until lately when that kid slammed me with a negative comment. Of course my first instinct was to go back and slam him on every antagonistic post he made.....but, I didn't do that, I figured what's the point, he wouldn't understand and would hold a grudge.

In the end, I just ignored him and let the world sort itself out (and it looks as if it has)

Great site, great people
Bobby

Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 AM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Do you get COOKIES with points? LOL just kidding I can say I learned something today. Thanks Fomoko1

Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 344 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
It's a good way to suckup to the Mod.
Give him a whole bunch, that way if you do step on a frog he'll feel bad about comming down on you too hard.

I've been registered since 2001(this time) and already have 36 greenie points
Looks like Dick and I are on the same path. I've been yakking here since '99 and I think I've amassed all of 45 points. I just ignore rep points - don't want 'em, don't give 'em, don't care.

Seems a w(hole) lot like blowing sunshine to me. But if that's your thing, have fun!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 AM
56efffie
Elder User
Ummm rep points, Aren't those them things you get when you cross to the darkside? Oh nevermind I got them mixed up with cookies

Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
nytling92
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been registered since 01 but just started using this site. I was into newer trucks and at that time this was a small site back then and I hung out at F150online and Fordtruckworld. Now that I have an effie again this is by far the most active site I have found for these trucks. That being said I am a newbie here and I know what I say will probably be overlooked, but.....

Points given by your peers? There are some I see on here already that will help you with whatever they can and for that I would give praise publicly. I also would never give points and hope no one ever gives them to me. Seems like a bragging fest for some. I am sure there was good intention in its design but all this does in some cases is swell the heads of the self rightous, IMO. Friends help to bolster friends and take down those they don't like. Chances are if some one is unliked they will feel it by board anyway, and in time usually move on or change they way they act towards people. I f I have a problem with you I will PM you so we can dicuss it privately, if you shared or helped in anyway I will give you thanks pubicly. That is just how I feel...

Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

AMEN!!That's exactly how I feel!! We are here to help others out, and that's how it should be.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
sparky
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Points we don't need no stinkin' points"

but my thanks have to go out to bobbytnm as his takes me up to 11.....not bad almost 1 point per year of "service" to this forum..........who-hoo.... now I can sleep tonite LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Please note this post is intended as a pun/joke/funny thingie and no animals were harmed during my typing of it