6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

SCT Xcal or Livewire? And what pyro & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
OverHeight
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SCT Xcal or Livewire? And what pyro & Exhaust

Looking at getting a tuner for my 05 F350 6.0 4x4 CC

Spoke to Matt at Spartan but now i'm a bit confused. After reading the tuner threads on here and viewing the different websites I thought I would go with the livewire but Matt is suggesting the Xcal2 as he has had problems with the Livewire. Has anybody else had issues with it?

Also a bunch of people mention on here that they got an X3, but I can't find an X3 on any website? So what is an X3 compared to an XcalII?

So which tuner should I get? XcalII, X3, or Livewire?

What Pyro should I get if I don't get a Livewire?

And if I decide to get an exhaust which one is recomended, keep in mind that I live in Vancouver BC and we have to have a Cat, so Cat back is my only choice I beleive.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OverHeight

Spoke to Matt at Spartan but now i'm a bit confused. After reading the tuner threads on here and viewing the different websites I thought I would go with the livewire but Matt is suggesting the Xcal2 as he has had problems with the Livewire. Has anybody else had issues with it?

Also a bunch of people mention on here that they got an X3, but I can't find an X3 on any website? So what is an X3 compared to an XcalII?

I can't speak of the X3, but I have heard people also having problems with the livewire and typically really really new stuff I tend to be leary about as bugs usually haven't been all worked out yet.

Any of the name brand gauge makers would do right by you, I have autometer c2 full sweep pyro, it really depends on your preferance.

And if I decide to get an exhaust which one is recomended, keep in mind that I live in Vancouver BC and we have to have a Cat, so Cat back is my only choice I beleive.
I would suggest atleast a 4" exhaust unless you think you will be doing more then 500 hp later on. Technically speaking here in the US, we aren't supposed to have catless systems after 2003(02 or 03 can't remember which) on diesels. I have an AFE exhaust which I like, alot on here recommend MBRP.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
birdman127
Senior User

Xcal 3 is the replacement for the Xcal 2. The 3 can hold pre-programmed tunes and Matt's custom tunes as were the 2 would hold either or! I have the Xcal3 and have nothing but praise for the tuner, Matt, and SCT when I had to call them for the driver download help!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
LvTitan
Posting Guru
the X3 is the new X2, if you order an sct from matt you will get the X3 automatically.
go with gauges and stay away from livewire. listen to matt, he knows what he is talking about.
ISSPRO makes gauges that match the ford dash.
DIPRICOL also makes ones that match even better, but they are more money.
you could even go with autometer, they are cheap, but they work.
get the Xcal, and a set of gauges, and have matt write your tunes. you wont be sorry

Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
OverHeight
Tuned
Anyone else?

Also what real mileage improvements are people getting? I have 41,000 miles and averaged since day one 12.098, that includes daily driving, towing boat and RV and Hauling sleds.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
jopatk
Freshman User
Smile

I recently had MBRP 4" turbo back put on my 06 F-350 PSD Lariat CC and they were able to leave the Cat in. I don't get any exhaust noise. Believe MBRP are made in Canada.