Notices

Truckaddons.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
bassaway
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Truckaddons.com

Just wanted to warn my fellow FTE's about this automotive accessory vendor. I ordered a set of Westin step bars for my extended cab F-150, but was incorrectly shipped the step bars for a crew cab F-150. I then came to find out that the customer is responsible for paying for shipment (including shipping insurance) when returning items no matter what the situation. I am now returning the bars for a full refund (I am buying the bars at a local store) but will of course not be refunded for shipment, even though it was their mistake. Ill be sure to read the return policy next time.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

This is from their website:

"Returns Policy
You must contact us to return anything by phone 1-800-388-8637 or by Email Click Here. Within 14 (fourteen) days of receiving your order, we will exchange any UNUSED resalable item for another item of equal value. If the new item is of greater value, you will be responsible for any price difference. If new item is of lesser value, difference could be subject to a return fee. If return is due to an error on the part of TruckAddons.com, we will arrange for return shipping by use of call tag or shipping return label. We will issue 1 (one) call tag, and it will be the customer's responsibility to ensure that the part is ready for pickup. If the part is not ready to be picked up, it then becomes the customer's responsibility to arrange shipping back to us, and at NO time will a second call tag be issued. If the return is not due to an error on the part of Truckaddons.com then the customer pays for the shipping. If the customer is at fault for ordering the incorrect part from our website, they may return the item so long as the guidelines of the return policy is met"

If in fact it was their error and they won't abide by their own policy, notify FTE - Ken may be able to do something about this.

Steve

Old 10-02-2007, 07:47 AM
TrailBlazers
New User
Bassaway, please send me an email or a PM containing your phone number you used when you placed the order. I'll see what I can do for you once I dig up your original order info.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
bassaway
Senior User
Trailblazers, PM sent.

If it will help, I can forward you the order confirmation email I received. Thanks for the help.

Below is the last communication I received from truckaddons.com

To process your return please read and follow the instructions listed below:

1. Place the following number on a piece of paper attached to the package. Do not write on the box RGA*******

2. The item must be packaged back in the original box the way it was factory packaged including all instructions and informational material.

3. Both the item and the package must be undamaged. The item must show no signs of installation and be in re-sellable condition.

4. You are responsible for freight back and must insure the package for the full dollar amount

Ship the items/s to Trailblazers 2040 Creative Dr. suite 500 Lexington Ky 40505

Once the item is received and inspected you will be shipped your replacement part and or refund

Last edited by bassaway; 10-02-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 AM
TrailBlazers
New User
Bassaway, still waiting for your 2nd reply. Let me know so I can help you out.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Per the vendor rules (which users should adhere to as well when dealing with them):

3. Customer service issues (shipping, tracking, order status, etc.) should be handled through your normal service channels, via FTE's PM or email system, or in the vendor forum.

(For reference for everyone, these are listed at the top of the vendor section )

If a user has a service issue with a vendor they ought to try to handle it privately, instead of using FTE as a soap-box to "call-out" vendors. That's not what FTE is about, as there are always 2 sides to every story. So I ask that this matter is handled directly with Truckaddons, or in the vendor section of the site, instead of the tech sections.

Thank you.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
bassaway
Senior User
My appologies.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No problem. Only if something escalates, and there is indication of on-going problems, then you're welcome to bring it up with FTE. We'll help in those cases, when we can. Every vendor runs into a problem now and then, and it sometimes paints them unfairly to have it here (imagine that for every 1 problem talked about there are 200 good orders). So that's why we ask this.

Have a great day.