Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

truck broken into

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool truck broken into

why don't people have respect for other people's things? some punk broke into my truck right outside the house last night. smashed the passenger side vent window and took my subs, amp, capacitors, craftsman socket set and 18v dewalt drill. i'm more mad about the tools because they were gifts. i just wish i would have seen the loser that felt like ruining my week. i want to bash some heads in. grrr.
just had to vent a little...

Last edited by 96P_Stroke4x4; 08-22-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:16 PM
dawgs150
Posting Guru
hey man...im sorry to hear about this...i had my truck broken into a month and a half ago..same thing i lost 2 amps 4 subs and the capacitor..really had to fight with the insuarnce company and then had to pay some out of pocket..had to settle for lesser quality equipment

i hope it works out for u..

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 AM
rrock724
Cross-Country
sorry to hear about the loss, you might want to keep an eye on your truck now, around here vehicles that get broke into get broke into twice........once to get your stuff, then a few weeks later to get the NEW stuff that replaced the stolen items, I guess they feel that they got away with it once so a second time would be even easier

Old 08-23-2007, 01:37 AM
NWO_diesel_nut
Senior User
If my truck ever gets broken into, I couldn't care less about what was stolen. I'd just want to take the little punk that stole it for a 4 hour drive into the deep woods (strapped to the bed of the truck), string him upside down with a great big sirloin steak around his neck and some bear scent slathered on the crotch of his pants. Plus, write "I'm a car thief that got caught breaking into some guys truck", on his forehead with black permanent marker. Should make for an interesting conversation when and IF he ever sees another living person.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Matt, I'm really sorry to hear about the break in. I'll ask some of my friends and my kids to listen if anyone is trying to sell stuff in the area. Right now my wife and I are down the shore for the week.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah that sucks, sorry to hear. I would keep an eye out on the internet, like craigslist, ebay, or something similar, see if you see your stuff in the automotive or electronics section (in craigslist). If so, call the cops and set up a sting op!

I sometimes wonder if advertising all the contents of our trucks on the internet is a bad thing... Nothing's safe anymore.

Thank god for my trusty Mossberg and P89!!!

Last edited by 2000silverbullet; 08-23-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Sorry bud . My area some one drove through and shot out windows of cars sitting. They where taking gas around here till They started getting shot at.

As easy as it is to pop lock on these fords . I'm surprised at glass breakage

Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
firstrider

Had the same problem around here.I say it is someone who knows you, not just some unknown passerby.They know what you have by advertising.Probably some heathen.Check the local paper & pawn shops for your items .Try large dogs in a fenced yard & a shotgun to protect your cherished belongings .

Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
shame you cant have anything good these days without someone trying to take it from you.. years back i almost got arrested cause i caught someone half in my car ripping the radio and i beat em half to death... theres no justice in this world

Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Aye fellers...already been down that road. Some s.o.b. got into my van a while back sitting in the parking lot at work. Fortunatly they only got some cigerretts, change and pres. meds. But they also got a spare set of keys. (arrghhh!) Now I park it with a anti-theft bar on the steering wheel. A p.i.t.a.! Had the cops there within' 20min. and even gave them a description of the vehicle as this moron returned when I was sitting in the van later that night. (He left when he saw me sitting there) The cops found the thief parked down at Sheetz 2 blocks away. Couldn't prove it was him as he'd dumped his stash. The cops said.."Yeah, we know he did it..done it before..but you can't prove it." I asked him for the name or address of the creep and the cop waved his finger and said.."Making threats like that will get you more jailtime than him,and you'll lose that CCW permit and any guns you own...including the one you're carrying right now!" "Nuff said?" Yup, no more questions! Before taking any actions on a thief..(home or vehicle)..just be sure your life is in danger. Otherwise you are going to jail. All shots must be in the front...a shot in the back and yer in deep poop. And be sure and point out the weapon (tire-iron, etc. etc. etc.) that the criminal charged towards you with. Todays laws are designed to protect criminals rights..not victims. If you have a large amount invested in your truck I'd advise investing a small amount in an alarm system. Sorry for your loss my friend. Audie..the oldfart..

Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

well, i'm still waitin on a call back from the insurance company to see what they say. i was told by a friends that works for another ins. co. that everything should be under auto comprehensive. i would think the stereo stuff should and the tools under homeowners. i have to read up on both policies tonight before i call the ins. co. in the morning. now i'm lookin at alarms, unfortunately too late. i'm lookin at the viper alarms with remote start and two way remote, and tie it into my air horns hehe. hopefully i won't run into this problem again

Old 09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to here that, hope you find the little ******, got the axle in, cleaned up real nice, thanks again, check my webshots link for pictures. also do you have a ft driveshaft?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

i doubt i'll ever find them. got a nice alarm now, too bad i didnt get it earlier. time to design a nicer built in sound system that i won't even be able to get out easily.

joe, glad you got the axle in. i have another driveshaft but i cut it down to get a little more movement in it. when i put the 60 in the driveshaft became too compressed for my liking. i still have to put my shortened driveshaft in and test it out. if it works ok, you can have my stock driveshaft. i won't have time to play around with it until mid october though. i'll let you know

Old 09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by oldfart
....... Todays laws are designed to protect criminals rights..not victims. If you have a large amount invested in your truck I'd advise investing a small amount in an alarm system. Sorry for your loss my friend. Audie..the oldfart..
my comments to this are that Audie is pretty right in his estimations. of course being the original poster lives in philly he may have a problem cause the yuppies there may also have rights... see in NYC they arent even allowed to sell car alarms anymore cause it may disturb someones sleep if it goes off so you cant have them in new cars. Since our latest mayor got in he outlawed them. Of course the city doesnt compensate us for the car break ins so its a win win for the thieves.
Audie was also right when he said that if you catch em in your car and you beat one em YOU get in trouble that almsot happened to me years back when i caught some junkie in my car ripping the radio i beat him senseless and the cops wanted to arrest ME.. Luckilly the charges never got brought but still something is wrong there, but id do it again if i caught a thief in my truck i figure if ya give em a scar to remember it makes more of a lasting impression than the week in jail ( of a year sentence)watching cable and getting fed three meals a day and playing basketball or working out does.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:25 PM
soondg
Postmaster
You beat em, bash em, smash em, throw them in the back of the truck and kick them out on the highway. It helps if you load their pockets with contraband and force feed them alcohol. The pine barrens in New Jersey are a great place to visit.

Disclaimer; The members of the Pennsylvania Chapter are not suggesting nor do they approve of the methods posted above as a means of dealing with thieving vermin.

Last edited by soondg; 09-08-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: truck broken into