What's it worth? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

What's it worth?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 AM
BigAlVB
Senior User
BigAlVB is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's it worth?

Hopefully I am not violating any rules by posting this here.
I have a 1994 with less than 50k miles, 6" lift, like new 33" Pro Comp All Terrain's, 392 stroker, built E4OD, 3.73 gears (can still get 12+mpg), Ranch Hand front brush guard, Super Duty bumper, custom steps, color matching Leer topper, XLT trim but WITHOUT power widows or locks, spray-in bedliner, super custom stereo with subs and amp, cab lights, etc, etc, etc.
NEVER any rust which is remarkable for this year anywhere, much less Michigan. Just replaced selector switch for 4WD. This truck is definitely one of a kind. Pulls like a 460, uses speed density system, not MAF. Has pulled our 25.5' 5th wheel several time s with no problems, doesn't even sag.

What should I ask for something like this? Can't go by the year but I also understand the year hurts it for someone to finance it.

Any comments or info appreciated. I see stock high mile junkers up here for ~$5k.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
BigAlVB
Senior User
BigAlVB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone, anyone? Bueller. Bueller. Bueller. Somebody's got to have an opinion?!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
92F150Flare
Elder User
92F150Flare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I lived in Toledo........a good rust free beast is truly rare up there where you are.......that would add some value.

Best way to get an idea is to google Kelly Blue Book and put it in with all the info about it. You'll get values for stock trucks in your area.........which can vary a lot depending on where you are. Then you have to look at it not being a stock truck.......many want that.......but there are plenty of buyers that want something built and taken care of too.... A lot of the value today is based on who wants to buy it and how bad they want it.
We never get everything out that we put in........so you have to find a middle ground between a stock, excellent condition truck........and what you feel is a fair value for your "extras".
After I did that......I'd list it at my "price".......and see what kind of response I got.
It's definitely NOT an exact science.

Good Luck
Bob

Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 AM
radialarm
Senior User
radialarm is starting off with a positive reputation.
The year thing is a biiiiggg problem. Nobody can get one that old financed. The only ones who will concider it will be kids (they will tear it up in 6 months). Hopefully one will show up that has rich parents. To be honest all those goodies are just icing on the cake the best you can do is list it for top dollar for that year model and hope you get it. It sounds like a nice truck. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.