1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

power loss during highway speeds (hesistation)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
gongshow
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power loss during highway speeds (hesistation)

HI..its a 99 b3000 2wd automatic..and for a while now there has been a noticable hesistation with slight power loss when driving at highways speeds on flat road also during heavier acceleration..i;ve searched the site but found nothing that could confirm what it is i;m dealing with..

The problem seems to be intermittent and it feels like a gust of wind hits the truck(slight power loss) then it just goes back into the power like normal..there is no change in rpms...or engine noise..no warning codes..it only happens for a 1/2 second and then its normal again..but will do it very often...i;ve had the truck scanned with no codes..replaced the plugs, wires, and fuel filter also the speed sensor a few months back..i don't know if this is a transmission problem or and engine problem...hey but any helps would be much appericated...thanks

Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
cddz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There could be something telling it is under more load and it may be unlocking the TC. If you are not throwing any codes i would not worry too much. Another thing to consider the computer at times will play with the injectors from time to time.... I can't remember who had the wonderfull link about our trucks that explains how the pcm adjust fuel/trim tables during normal driving