2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your Dealer take good care of you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
awu_gigabyte
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Does your Dealer take good care of you?

I know this doesn't just apply to the F150, and it may have been talked about before, but, i'm interested, does your dealer take good care of you after the sale?

I had to take my scab in today because of more parking brake problems, and they inform me that they no longer offer loaner cars and that my only ride home was in a minivan with 3 children and their mother, with a 100 year old man who can hardly see the lines in the middle of the road!

Needless to say i was not happy, and i think i'll be looking for a new place to buy my trucks in the future!

So how bout it? You got a good dealership? Stay away from Anderson Ford in Lincoln Nebraska!

Old 09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Loaner cars? I’ve never known a dealer that did that unless you really had big problems. Mines always fixed my problems though.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Fishin76
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't take vehicles to dealerships unless I have warranty claims. To take my vehicles to the dealer for service is to tell my wallet to commit suicide.

I call them (at least the ones that I use, albeit infrequently) stealerships.

Prime example. 1998 c*evy s-10, 43K, ujoints went out, dealer admitted failure across the truck line at 50K, wanted $125 to replace with same ujoints that failed at 43K. I went to autozone, $14 for lifetime, greasable joints, local mechanic installed for $25.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
I get loaner cars at my dealer, but I was pissed when it was a focus. I thought they were supposed to give you something of the same type or better quality than you brought in. Needless to say, I beat the snot out of it, power braking and e-braking the rear end around corners. I had just bought my truck the week before and was getting it detailed (promised when I bought the truck, truck was dirty when picked up). I was not happy, but I did get a loaner.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine treats me just dandy. Of course, we have purchased 8 new Fords from them in the last decade.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Tried several in the area. Lot of NTF for my noise complaints on my SD. Truck returned very dirty. Exhaust pipe jammed over curbing, small rocks on the hood. Never given a loaner car. Went back to the dealership where I bought the vehicle. I bought 3 new ford trucks in my lifetime and I bought them from 3 different dealerships.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
I never had a dealer. I bought my brand spanking new F150 from a wholesaler. Saved around 9000 bucks.

I take my F150 to a local dealer for warranty issues. They balked at first. Until my lawyer, who is me!, sent them a letter. Now I get great service!

Nope, I do not practce law. I just got the degree to protect my self, and kick butts!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:40 PM
dartguy699
Senior User
mr positraction
that abuse is why most dealers are no longer offering loaners. personally speaking it doesnt matter to me what it is as long as i have reliable transportation. i am grateful just to get a loaner
jim

Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 AM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
Originally Posted by dartguy699
mr positraction
that abuse is why most dealers are no longer offering loaners. personally speaking it doesnt matter to me what it is as long as i have reliable transportation. i am grateful just to get a loaner
jim

I agree, that is just a case of "I'm the only person in the world"

Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
toypuller
Senior User
My dealer's service dept. is great. Have been dealing with them for years. Truck is always treated great and most of the guys there know my wife and I by name. I will pay the dealer prices for the level of service they give.

The Sales Dept. is in another building about 1/4 mile away. The sales staff and sales managers are the lowest forms of bacterial life I have ever met. They can't even say hello without lying to you. Each and every one of them is the stereotypical greasey haired, polyester wearing, chain smoking, huckster.

The place is really Bi-polar. At least you only have to deal with the salesman once or twice.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
black04lariat
Elder User
Personaly I think it is hit or miss. I had to go through 2 dealers that sucked and finally found a 3rd which is awesome. If you arent happy with service take it somewhere else. I have a dealer 3 miles from my house and think they arent very helpful, so instead I drive 15 miles and have now worries. Well....that was when I had warranty left.

Oh and on this note. Can anyone tell me if there is a part number for a leather wrapped center console lid for the flow-thru? I dealt with 3 dealers and none at all could find one. They said it wasnt a Ford part and Ford didnt make it, yet were selling brand new F150's on the lot not 20 feet away with them on it at every dealer... They told me it was an aftermarket piece... Now I have some rubbery/plastic one. Just wondering for my own benefit. They replaced it, just not with the same thing.

Last edited by black04lariat; 09-06-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 AM
BruceFX4
Senior User
After getting very poor service from the local Ford dealer on previous Fords, I begrudgingly took my 04 F150 in for warranty work on a Friday a couple of weeks ago. Had the day off and the shop is open on Saturday so told the service writer if they need to, keep the truck until Saturday. Got a call Saturday AM that they needed parts and they had already made arrangements for a rental car. They ended up with the truck until Tuesday, but the service writer kept me informed about what was going on and no whining about getting the rental back. First positive experience I had with the local dealer and the amazing part it that it is now one of the big chain dealerships.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
mrpositraction
Tuned
Originally Posted by benningstspeed1.0
I agree, that is just a case of "I'm the only person in the world"
I just spent $26000 with them, when I go there I expect to be treated like the only person in the world.

As far as beating on the Focus, I am not going to feel bad, it was a focus, I did not damage to it, just treated it like it is supposed to be treated....oh righteous one!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
Originally Posted by mrpositraction
I just spent $26000 with them, when I go there I expect to be treated like the only person in the world.

As far as beating on the Focus, I am not going to feel bad, it was a focus, I did not damage to it, just treated it like it is supposed to be treated....oh righteous one!
HOW IS "I get loaner cars at my dealer, but I was pissed when it was a focus. I thought they were supposed to give you something of the same type or better quality than you brought in. Needless to say, I beat the snot out of it, power braking and e-braking the rear end around corners. I had just bought my truck the week before and was getting it detailed (promised when I bought the truck, truck was dirty when picked up). I was not happy, but I did get a loaner" TREATING IT LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TEATED. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL OF THE THEY TREATED YOUR TRUCK THAT WAY.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
ranger88a
Elder User
And you would be pissed if a tech beat the crap out of your truck just because you make it seem the world revolves around you. We don't have to offer a loaner car! It's because of customers like you good customers can't get a loaner!!!

Quick Reply: Does your Dealer take good care of you?