Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AE question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
indebt
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AE question

any problem with running buzz test on the injectors? or any other test to stay away from without knowing what you are doing? thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Buzz test is a pretty standard test to run, and the only way AE can retrieve IDM codes if any are stored. The buzz test is run when the engine is off.

The other tests are pretty standard. KOEO (Key On Engine Off), KOER (Key On Engine Running), CCT (Cylinder Contribution Test done with KOER). Most tests are run with the engine completely warm. The glow plug system test must be run with the engine running and A/C off or it will not complete.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
it would be nice to have a palm pilot and hook up the AE full time to get the monitoring. its cool to do the data logging and see what your engine is doing. I still havent figured out how to save to view it later off-line .......but then again I havent read all the directions.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
dc2842002
Senior User
Originally Posted by indebt
it would be nice to have a palm pilot and hook up the AE full time to get the monitoring. its cool to do the data logging and see what your engine is doing. I still havent figured out how to save to view it later off-line .......but then again I havent read all the directions.
It pretty straight forward. There is a record button in the upper left part of the screen. After clicking it you will be asked for a file name and where to save it. give it the file name and save location then it will start recording whatever channels your are viewing at that time. The best way to look at the data is in excel.