2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

console shifter light

Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
AstroCougar
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
console shifter light

Have anyone of you had any problems with the light going out in the console shift? I can't tell what gear I am putting the SCREW in when it is dark outside. Also, the unlock/lock light has gone out on the passenger side door as well as the driver side door. Is this common and can I fix it myself? I have a 2004 FORD F-150 Supercrew.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AstroCougar
Have anyone of you had any problems with the light going out in the console shift? I can't tell what gear I am putting the SCREW in when it is dark outside. Also, the unlock/lock light has gone out on the passenger side door as well as the driver side door. Is this common and can I fix it myself? I have a 2004 FORD F-150 Supercrew.
I just so happened to have a Lock-unlock switch in hand. I popped it apart and there doesn't seem to be a consumer friendly lightbulb thats able to be replaced. The two bulbs I see are soldiered in a PCB.
If your familiar with small PCBs I'd say go for it... But knowing that these switches (shouldn't have burned out?) are about 25bux.. I'd jus' say replace it. Its an easy swap.

On edit: The p/n on my switch (Ford) box is... 5L1Z 14028 BB... This one should work (Fwiw, your p/n may start with a 4 instead of a 5)

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 08-28-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:38 PM
krane operator
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ON my dads 05 lariat it went out , we popped the console open per instructions in the manual and it turned out that the bulb came unscrewed and fell into the housing itself and melted it . Rather that take it to the dealer, we just heated the plastic with a lighter (very carefull) and remolded the plastic. It seems that you barely have to unscrew the light bulb and it comes out to easy, so i know the vibration did this when he took his trip from houston to san diego. But all is fixed.

Search this Thread