Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-10 not running right?

Old 08-19-2002, 10:56 PM
mxz7
Junior User
V-10 not running right?

I don't know where to turn. I have looked at all of the obvoius areas and can't find a problem.I had a flowmaster 50 series installed the other day and the truck has not run the same since. I know the muffler was not the cause because the truck started to run weird before the instilation. The truck seems to have lost it's power in the hills. With an empty truck going up easy gradient hills the truck turns into a dog! I have to push the pedal to the floor and jack the RPM's up so the truck will down shift and get it's butt in gear.The truck never used to have this problem. I used to be able to tackle hills and maintain speed with the overdrive on in most cases and off in others. Could this be a tranny problem, engine problem? I don't know! I don't like to see my baby sick and want to help her .I just know if I bring it to the dealer I will get the "everything checks out on the computer routine". I would like to have a few ideas in hand!Oh by the way does installing a flowmaster muffler void extended warrantys? I probably should have looked into that befor I put it on,oopps . Thanks!!!!

Old 08-20-2002, 06:13 AM
jade97
More Turbo
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
V-10 not running right?

The muffler can only void the warranty IF THEY PROVE IT CAUSED THE PROBLEM. If they can prove it....GET IT IN WRITTING!

Old 08-20-2002, 12:17 PM
HarryO
Junior User
V-10 not running right?

Had the same problem on another vehicle.
Does it seem to be fine at idle and just have a problem at load?
How old is the vehicle? How many miles.

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? (this solved it for me)

HarryO

Old 08-20-2002, 05:21 PM
HDElliott
Freshman User
V-10 not running right?

I had a similar problem with my 99 v10. It turned out to be the air filter. I had no power. Water had gotten to the filter. I changed the filter and it then ran fine. I got home and put in the K&N. Now it always runs fine.