Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Modification Help!

Old 07-18-2001, 07:25 PM
97expy5_4
Senior User

I've got a Expy 5.4l with the tow package... I've installed a K&N air intake system... Now I'm working on a Throttle body riser.. With this in mind... What kind of performance improvements might I get from replacing hte stock fan with 2 electric units???? Would this take some strain off the engine??
If so enough to make it worth while..???

I'm still stuck on which exhaust system to settle on....

Thanks

Old 07-22-2001, 10:03 PM
fordextreme
Senior User

I myself have been reading up on chiping my truck and ive already purchased a Diablo sport chip. As for my personal opinion on exhaust, i just cut the muffler off after the cat and ran a single 3" out the passenger side. sounds great and relaeased all that extra back pressure that was just too restrcitive.
Sean

Old 07-26-2001, 12:39 PM
97expy5_4
Senior User

Great sounding like Flowmaster 50 series or great as in loud???

Did you replace the whole pipe from the muffler back? Or just patch in pipe where the muffler once was??????

I my shelf was thinking about drilling with a masonary bit thru the muffler lenght wise... then just reinstalling.... Thus providing more thru put with out a terribly loud muffler....

Let me know what ya think...

Later

Old 08-24-2001, 07:40 AM
nothingbutford
Senior User

On the exhaust system. If you want a freeflowing system without the noise you should get a Banks stinger system. It will also make it sound better.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:00 PM
ethanol03
New User
Thumbs up Horsepower/longgevity Of The F-150

From A Person Who's Operated On My Own 2003 F-150 W/4.56 Ltr And Work On Them Everyday.factory Horsepower Is Not Bad.since,i've Owned Mine.i've Had 0 Breakdowns.i've Done Very Little In Modifications-higher Psi Flow Injectors,higher Rated Fuel Pump,went To 255 Front/rear Tires,soft Cover Tonneau Cover,and Replaced The Exhaust System W/flowmaster 50 Series Racing 3 Inch Dual Muffler Exhaust System.has Nice Growl With Much More Off Line Power.have Considered The K/n Fipk Kit However,for The Cost Of The Kit,you Really Don't Gaijn Enough Power Or Gas Mileage To Make It Worth It. Ford Motorcraft/motorsports Does Have Avaailable A Shift Improver Kit For A Reasonable Cost Where All You Have To Do Is Drop The Pan And Bolt In A Few Replacement Parts That Would Take Approx.15-20 Minutes. Any Q's Contact Me.