Sponsored by: DP Tuner

o boy....someone please help me

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
MiKeYs 2k DiEsEl 4x4
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry o boy....someone please help me

My dome light was on n off so I popped it open to replace the bulb and accidentally touched the two dome lights together and blew something...the windows won't move...dome lights and running board light are also dead.....what the hell did I do ?....I looked at the fuses and they looked good but it was at night with a maglight....did I blow a fuse or relay or what... ????? I also need a fuse/relay diagram.... help help help help ...thanks in advance

Old 08-01-2007, 01:24 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
sounds like the fuse. it will be a mini. happened to me once.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 AM
redneckboy
Senior User
Even if the fuse looks good replace it I have had simliar problems before replaced a fuse that looked good and fixed the problem.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
both under hood and under dash fuse/relay diagram's are in the exploded vew of a 7.3 link in my sig ...

Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Big Swole
Senior User
Been There

Yep, I have done that also, and it was the fuse. That's when the fuses were little glass tubes. Actually kept doin stupid stuff like that blowin fuses left and right...... I said ***** this and started puttin foil around them.........woooohoooooo I was livin on the edge(lol). Look out world don't hold me back!!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 AM
kawika
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Yep, I have done that also, and it was the fuse. That's when the fuses were little glass tubes. Actually kept doin stupid stuff like that blowin fuses left and right...... I said ***** this and started puttin foil around them.........woooohoooooo I was livin on the edge(lol). Look out world don't hold me back!!!!!
"Honey, whats that smell every time we open the doors? Smells like hot electrical wire, Same smell after you rewired the house!"

I know you all know this, but fuses have a purpose in life. Shunting around the fuse or placing in a much larger fuse is a no-no in my world, except in very special cases (like a fuse that runs your vehicle blows in a bad area).

Have a nice day!

Dave

Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 AM
MiKeYs 2k DiEsEl 4x4
Junior User
Can one of u guys explain to me on here which fuse to replace and where it is...I accesss this site from a cell phone so some of my net is limited....I tried to get on the link in the signature to see which fuse it is and where and I couldn't...thanks in advance

Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 AM
MLCRI$I$ II
Tuned
Check your fuses with a test light to be sure. You'd be surprised what you find is bad.