Sponsored by: DP Tuner

my first mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 PM
messeswithtrux
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my first mods

well, i did it. first mods ive ever done myself to my vehicles. i figured how bad can i mess it up and decided to do it. i put an afe stage 2 kit on and while i had all of the intake stuff off i did the foil delete. sure is fun doing it myself. foil part was a pian but went fast with a wire brush. stage 2 kit of course went simple with directions. im already planning more, this stuff is very addictive. thanx for all of the insight and advice from this website.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:22 PM
totin_tools
Elder User
Another victim of PMS

Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 PM
country2
Senior User
Congragulations! It will not stop there trust me.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the dark side of powerstrokin.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by messeswithtrux
well, i did it. first mods ive ever done myself to my vehicles. i figured how bad can i mess it up and decided to do it. i put an afe stage 2 kit on and while i had all of the intake stuff off i did the foil delete. sure is fun doing it myself. foil part was a pian but went fast with a wire brush. stage 2 kit of course went simple with directions. im already planning more, this stuff is very addictive. thanx for all of the insight and advice from this website.
very cool!!!
how long did it take to remove the tube and get the foil off? I want to do that ASAP!!
bob
I am thinking about having it powder coated!!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet let the modding begin the bug gets worse!

Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
messeswithtrux, I sometimes offer this article below as a "forewarning" of sorts to those who are getting started on their journey into the world of modified powerstrokes. I don't mean to scare anyone away, just offering the information as a means of expanding "awareness". Take it for what it's worth.

Recent report from Mechanical Community Health Training Center:

"PMS (masculine version) = Performance Mod Syndrome, or also known as Powerstroke Mod Syndrome

PMS: Although this disorder is almost universally restricted to male patients, there are a few known cases of it being diagnosed in females. Regardless of gender, once a patient has been verified to have contracted this insidious form of an auto-immune disorder, it has been proven that there is no cure. In all cases, the contraction of this disorder is universally linked to the possession of a vehicle with a diesel engine (i.e. Powerstroke). The root cause of this disorder is suspected to be related to audible engine noise frequencies and/or the aromatic fumes from diesel fuel. The exact process by which this infection takes place, though, is not adequately understood and requires more study.

Diagnosing this disorder can be a very difficult thing because of certain similarities with other types of disorders. Therefore, it can only be verified by a rather diligent approach to an old-fashioned methodology called "process of elimination". One alternative medical problem often confused with this PMS disorder is "Ahltzeimer's Disease" due to the comparative similarities in its effect on the patient's memory. For example, you may hear the patient say something like, "I don't remember exactly waht that bill to DP Tuners is for. It must be something for my stereo when it was acting up a while back." Or, "I think that Brian's Truck Shop invoice is from accumulated oil changes that they saved up and charged us for all at once." Or even something as bold as, "No, Honey, I don't remember ordering that new set of injectors, but, since they're here I might as well install them."

The only way to sometimes distinguish this form of PMS from Ahltziemer's is with the patient's age at the time when its symptoms are being revealed, since the latter is generally restricted to patients who are over 50 years of age. However, there is an overlap period from about 40 to 65 where it can still be either disorder.

The process of diagnosis, therefore, can be rather drawn out due to the subtle imposition of its effects on the patient. The diagnosis, though, once confirmed, is verified with absolute certainty! Although a cure is not yet known, through the regular encouragements of significant others in the patients life (such as spouse, parent, etc.), the impact of this disorder can generally be controlled to varying degrees. Successfully controlling this disorder's impact, though, varies depending upon the patient's obstinacy and the potential consequences imposed by the patient's "encouragers".

Other symptoms of this disorder, as with many other auto-immune disorders, causes the patient to take otherwise normal information regarding their automobile and re-interpret that information into some twisted reason for further investment (i.e. performance modification, or, "mod"). It almost seems that no one is truly resistant to this disorder once they purchase one of these diesel vehicles (generally a truck), and its long term effects have been known to result in a variety of situations that can have permanent impact on the patient's livelihood, relationships with others, and overall lifestyle.

If it becomes critical or otherwise necessary that this disorder be permenantly controlled, the only treatment found to-date is the most difficult for the patient to survive, since it requires getting rid of the forestated object of their passion (i.e. their diesel truck). Even with this severe form of treatment, residual problems are sustained in the patients mental capacities. Those patients who undergo this method of treatment typically end up returning to their prior condition by eventually justifying the re-acquisition of another vehicle similar to the initially infecting possession. In such cases of recurrant purchases, the excuse always given is based on "new and improved design features" that supposedly eliminate the need for any modification investments."

You are now forewarned! Enjoy your PSD!!

Last edited by F250_; 07-21-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
luvemhot
More Turbo
If only someone had told me Pete I would still have my wife,kids,house,boat,5th wheel,job now I am living in my truck with nothing but the urge to crawl under my truck and fix something

Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Time for another name change pete

F250_BS/MD/PHD

Deffinitions

BS - Bull Sh1**er
MD - Mighty Deep (combined with the BS degree)
PHD - Piled High and Deap (Earned after years of experience with a BS and MD degree)

Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
I'm flattered, Alan. I try to keep that image under control, but it does manage to slip out every now and then.