N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Props to Andy

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Props to Andy

This is a double post from the 87-96 forum but Andy's a member of this chapter so I thought I might spread the word about our fellow chapter brethren here:

Just figured I should give credit where credit is due, since I know Andy is not vain enough to brag. Today Andy (andym) spent about 2 hours with me teaching me how to change my brake pads, rotors, and inner/outer wheel bearings. He saved me upwards of $300-$400 over contracting Les Schwab for the job. He really knows his stuff, I'm sure we all know that by now. And him and his girlfriend are SUPER nice to boot. Now feel free to be jealous that he moved near ME and not YOU!

-Chris

Old 07-01-2007, 12:10 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta pay it forward now...someone will need a hand and you have to be there to turn the favor.

It's good when guys you you never met beforre, come to lend a hand, 15 years or so ago, I helped a guy put his engine in his car, he was about 19 or 20, had the thing on jackstands in a ritzy Bay Area neighborhood and had his parents on his *** to "get her done"...none of his buds would help, so I took a drive across the Bay to help him out...

Fast forward 15 years, we talk on the phone a few times a month, get together here and there...we've become good friends over the years...in fact when he saw how easy it was for me to slide the engine and tranny in, he asked me "how did you know to do that?"...I said I dunn, just been doing it for a long time...it got him real interested in learning more aout cars, he picked up several ASE Certs and is making 45 bucks an hour in San Fran at a Volvo dealership.

Anyway, your post just brought back some memories and I thought I'd share.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Good story. And I plan to pay the favor back to Andy when he finally decides to swap his T18 tranny in his F150. I am also always willing to lend a hand to anyone nearby who could use the help, but I'm afraid that my amateur knowledge of trucks makes me much more useful as an extra pair of hands than an extra brain. Hopefully that will change with time, I'm workin' on it

-Chris

Old 07-01-2007, 01:31 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, Andy's a good dude...and Leilani's a sweety too. I got to meet them a few months back at our Micke Grove get together, and we spent some time yakking around the fire that night at Tim's campsite. Haven't had the opportunity to twist wrenches with him yet...maybe I can get him to come over and lend a hand on the project truck, although he hasn't been posting in here much as of late so he may not even know what's up with it...

Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Yeah I really had a good time chatting with them. I treated Andy and Leilani to a burger and a couple beers afterwards (the least I could do) and there was never a dull moment in the conversation. And the reason he hasn't been around lately is because he's been super busy with work, so go easy on him there

-Chris

Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now, what's this about Andy moving to Davis? I thought they were moving to Roseville. Jag

Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
He did move to Roseville, which is right between my apartment in Davis and my moms house near Auburn.

-Chris

Last edited by Skandocious; 07-03-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Godo Deal! Andy and Leilani should be coming out to the Downtown Tuesday show in Roseville. Also, the 1th of July is the monthly meet in old town Auburn. It's big, it's fun. Hope to see you guys there. Jag

Old 07-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
I wasn't aware of any shows in the area. And how are we supposed to attend a show that happened yesterday?

-Chris

Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
I suspect that was supposed to be 4th, not 1th... The oneth of July?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe even the eleventh???

Come on Jag, quit screwing with us. I know your sitting there at your monitor getting a giggle out of us trying to solve this puzzle.

What's a one'th?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Skandocious
Postmaster
Yeah I was guessing that he meant the 11th. Hopefully, because I won't be able to go on the 4th (tomorrow), I'm out of town. Actually, come to think of it, I won't be able to come on the 11th either!! I have work in Davis all next week. Lame.

-Chris

Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Well, by my calendar the 11th is a Wednesday which would be an unusual day for a car show unless it was a holiday...like the 4th of July or something...

So I stand by my original supposition.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skandocious
I wasn't aware of any shows in the area. And how are we supposed to attend a show that happened yesterday?

-Chris
A time machine?
EDIT: Dan, If there's an "Ides of March", why can't there be a July 1th?

Last edited by sierraben; 07-04-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Sorry guys, the show in Old Town Auburn is the 13th of July (Lincoln Way). My typing skills leave a lot to be desired. (It is always the second Friday of the month during the show season) It starts about 3:00 for early arrivals and goes until dark. There will be about 200 cars/trucks and 2000 people. The vendors sell hot dogs, burgers, beer, soda and ice cream. There are several restaurants open also. (Luigi's is my favorite, but you will need reservations) http://www.pastaluigis.com/ I will be parked somewhere on the West end in the shade (I hope). Jag

Quick Reply: Props to Andy