1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Marvels Mystery Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Marvels Mystery Oil?

Marvels Mystery Oil, what is it? what does it do? When should I use it in the fuel and how often? You can put the stuff in the crank case too? So many questions.

Attention Copedawg! Our records show that you haven't posted in over 2 weeks. Remember that FTE is a community and we need your participation! Don't be afraid to post and be a part of the action.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shame on you for not posting for over 2 weeks. I haven't seen that splash screen in a while. Anyway, there are a few old timers that swear by that stuff. Not sure if it pertains to all the new oils an fuels since it first came on the market. According to a co-worker (aircraft mech) it's been around for over 50 years. He used it in all the aircraft he serviced/rebuilt in the fuel and oil(s). He claims an engine lost oil pressure in flight and after landing it was still running. Tore it down and found no internal damage. I don't know what this means to our diesels but I thought I would share his experience with you.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 AM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Why that stuff does everything according to some.
It will increase lubricity, decrease rust formation, unfreeze rusted engines, increase horsepower, prevent gelling of fuel, make a 2-stroke stop smoking, prolong ring life, is a well know cure for eczema and dandruff as well as a cure for most cancers. A shot or two before a big night out will also help those who, you know, can't handle their liquor.

In all seriousness, some folks swear by this stuff for all kinds of uses. IMO if you add it to some oil or fuel application it probably wouldn't hurt anything, but I am not sure how much it would help. I have remnants of a quart of it in my shop and it appears to be a thin (5W or so) oil. Of course, it is the secret ingredients that make it special!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree it is good stuff. I used it to break loose a locked up motor in an old AMC. Rings were seized to cylinders. I got it running and drove it for several years till I got a bigger motor. Also it smells pretty good too. Maybe can use it as cologne as well???

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Neal, that stuff smells better than the oil, grease & fuel I usually smell like at the end of the day, maybe my girls will stop complaining ......yah, right!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe we should wash with that stuff after degreasing our hands. If the wife is a tom boy I am sure she will like it. Mine is.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Well for better or worse I will try some in my fuel next fill up. The oil? maybe I will drain a half quart of oil and add a half quart of MMO 100 miles before the next oil change just for spits and giggles and see what happens.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
xtrmbkr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I sure like the lucas oil products. Truck seems to run smoother. Oil quality is very important in PSD. I get my FoMoCo oil and filter at the Wal mart. The Stuff for the PSD. And I put a quart of the New Synthetic Lucas oil made just for PSD. And I put the injector cleaner in my tanks when I can afford it! Swear by it! its good stuff. Keeps my old mazda diesel lifters quiter too.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
ajbeiler
Senior User
well this oil additive is new to me, does anyone know alot about engine restore, is it ok or is there something better to use. how can you make piston slap go away?

Old 07-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

OK I used a little in the rear tank and didn't get much of a diference. I then used 4oz in each tank and went on a road tripp. I squezzed 529 miles out of the 2 tanks befor I filled them and ended up at 16.9 and some change wich is pretty good for me (I only drive in the fast lane except when I am exiting the road). I filled up again today and put almost the same amount in each tank so only time will tell. I will let you know what happens with this tank and I am still reserved about putting it in the crankcase I prolly will 100 miles out of that maintenance.
I saw on another thread about Diesel Kleen. I would never mix the 2 and would be sure to have a few "virgin" tanks between if I did. Oh well just tryen not to get 2 weeks behind on the posting. any thoughts?

Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ajbeiler
well this oil additive is new to me, does anyone know alot about engine restore, is it ok or is there something better to use. how can you make piston slap go away?
I used it in an old gasser and noticed a slight improvement, but it did'nt last long 1-2K miles.

The only way to make a piston slap go away is to rebuild the engine. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. If it's slapping, there is too much space between the piston and the cylinder wall.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by xtrmbkr
I know I sure like the lucas oil products. Truck seems to run smoother. Oil quality is very important in PSD. I get my FoMoCo oil and filter at the Wal mart. The Stuff for the PSD. And I put a quart of the New Synthetic Lucas oil made just for PSD. And I put the injector cleaner in my tanks when I can afford it! Swear by it! its good stuff. Keeps my old mazda diesel lifters quiter too.
I used to use Lucas oils too untill I discovered this info. I'm not sure if it's abiased test but it looks pretty honest.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

The Lucas Injector cleaner is the best I've used, both in diesels and gassers. That stuff brought a 351 engine back to life. It was ready for new injectors until the Lucas was added. Made it like new.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
xtrmbkr
Junior User
boy didn't expect that

Wonder if maybe that gear agitates much faster then a turning engine? I didn't use the Lucas Heavy duty. I used the Lucas Synthetic crankcase additive that says okay for PSD on back. The Lucas Heavy duty actually now says not to use it in PSD. So maybe that was the problem. Hope the synthetic oil crankcase doesn't do that. Someone should ask Bobistheoilguy to take the FoMoCo PSD oil and mix it with some Lucas Synthetic crankcase additive. Don't overdo it though. I think maybe he put too much Lucas in the little gear box. Like 2:1. I know that the bottle on Lucas Synthetic says 1 quart for whole engine. So guess it would be 13:1 assuming you have 14 quart system? Just my thoughts.