New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troubleshooting Diablo Chip

Old 09-16-2001, 09:25 PM
98Mountaineer
New User

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 16-Sep-01 AT 10:28 PM (EST)[/font][p]Ken,

I went back and rechecked everything for a third time and realized that number 4 of your items to check is where my problem lies. My Anti Theft light blinks quickly once the chip is installed and does not stop. So I will send the chip back Monday so you can add the extra jumper.

Brett

Old 09-16-2001, 10:47 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Brett,

This problem is a production problem on a rare instance of Fords of that year. Even dealers need to put in the jumpers to override the default factory program when they run into this.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to your prior response, I don't get on the message boards as often on the weekend.

Don't send the chip back (though you're welcome to with our guarantee). Its not the chip that needs to be jumpered, its your computer.

Unfortunately, you've got to make a decision:

1. Return the chip for a complete refund. Solder two jumpers on computer yourself. We can help with this over the phone. Unless you're comfortable doing this, I don't recommend this step. See http://www.pdqperformance.com/jumper.htm for an example.

3. Call us and we will arrange for our regional distributor (they don't sell direct to the public) to handle the jumper installation. They charge only for shipping, $25. The jumper installion is free. They do this as a same day service and overnight the chip back to you. You're looking at 2-3 days of
down time (1-2 days to ship to them, 1 day to get it back).

Unfortunately, none of these choices is desirable. No one can chip your computer unless the jumper procedure is done.

1-877-399-6417, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm EST.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

Old 09-19-2001, 12:28 AM
98Mountaineer
New User

Ken,

I opened up my ECM and didn't feel comfortable trying to add the jumpers as the pictures on PDQ's website were hard to see and there wasn't a picture that looked like mine so, I sent the ECM out to PDQ along with the chip which I should have back in my hands on Thursday and will let you know what happens.

Brett

Old 09-19-2001, 08:30 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the FYI. Per our conversations on the phone, this ought to resolve everything. We'll also add new code to our list computer codes that possibly have the jumper problem.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

Old 09-29-2001, 09:48 AM
Ripman
Senior User

what year is the truck? i have a 99 built in march in ontario.