Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Pulled twice and drove home:)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled twice and drove home:)

Well today i went down about an hour from me to a "test and tune" pull for what its worth. I had very low expectations especially as i got closer and my oil pump seemed to be getting worse. on the way down i was making my usual 40 PSI, but as i got closer. . . I was only making 35. . . and then even worse. i wonder if oil temp has anything to do with it. Anyway, my first pull was a little interesting. She would NOT go in 3rd four low. The clutch would slip. I was kinda surprised. So i went in 2nd and she went. I got down pretty far. . . never with my foot all the way in it because it just looses power with it hammered. I noticed on my way down if I used 3/4 throttle. . . it would peak the boost. . . go to full and it would start dropping off. I made a decent run, guessinga bout 250. My second run was wierd. I was less flustered and able to watch a few more things. . . boost would not go above 32 PSI. very dissapointing. . . however I had the 300 foot mark at my door so I was happy with that. All in all I was happy. I came down with low expectations. . . and exceeded them. . . and saw where my weak spots really where. #1 is definitely my oil pump. . . and #2 is my clutch. . . i need a dual disc. So I'll put more in later but I'm tired. Please send some comments my way.
tim

Old 06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
troubledsol
Senior User
What gears are you running and do you have locker I want to pull once with mine but scared of breaking it

Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
gears

i have stock 3.73 gears in her and an arb air locker. I have traction bars which help with the axle wrap. The only thing that will break something is bouncing. . . or just too much power. Too much power means your twisting shafts or snaping ujoints. Hoping sucks. . . I had my tires really low on pressure and never had a problem. the dodge before me said I should have the rears as high as i can. . . i dissagree. he broke an axle shaft on his next run My tires were low. . . 30PSI is all I had all around. . . but it was smooth. i never felt a hop in it. If you do feel a hop. . . just get out of it and try not to let the sled hit your in the ****. These machines are pretty tough. . . youd be surprised what they can take
Tim

Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you learned a couple things anyway.
I brought up the idea of pulling with my truck and got "That's not what that truck is for" from my wife. I just looked at her and said "That's what a 1 ton truck does, is pull and haul, not run and get groceries and kids from school" I'm thinking of pulling a couple local fairs around here, but am clueless how to go about in in a diesel.