Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

midsummer meet??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,099 Likes on 4,184 Posts
Originally Posted by gray91
Hey, sounds great.. Can't PM anyone. FTE rules inform me that can't do direct emails and such for 15 days and 50 posts.. Spammers, scammers and other bottom-feeders causing this.. So anyway how far to this gtg, how long you guys usually stay out.... Usual stuff so can tell the Bride when I'll be home, etc.

Shame the truck is under the weather.. I have my own thread going about those infamous seized rims and all the fun I'm (not) having trying to get the first one off.

Is it cool with them (FTE Management) to list an email address? Until then have to use this thread. If it is OK I'll just put it on my next post to this thread.

BTW I work nights, so I sometimes take a while to reply.
Hey Ken...it's a hike from Greenfield...a couple of hours...probably leave dealership at 12-12:30...stop for a bite along the way...arrive 3 or so...leave by six...back home by 8-8:30. One of us doesn't imbibe...designated driver thing. If you're a player, call me at work...773-5455...I'm on till 8 tonight...8:30 till 6 tomorrow and we'll talk about it.
Great bunch of guys...sometimes act like old ladies...a great time...guaranteed!!

Ken

Old 07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, sounds great.. Can't PM anyone. FTE rules inform me that can't do direct emails and such for 15 days and 50 posts.. Spammers, scammers and other bottom-feeders causing this.. So anyway how far to this gtg, how long you guys usually stay out.... Usual stuff so can tell the Bride when I'll be home, etc.

Shame the truck is under the weather.. I have my own thread going about those infamous seized rims and all the fun I'm (not) having trying to get the first one off.

Is it cool with them (FTE Management) to list an email address? Until then have to use this thread. If it is OK I'll just put it on my next post to this thread.

BTW I work nights, so I sometimes take a while to reply.

Gray91..How about joining out chapter we would love to have you.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:22 AM
gray91
Elder User
getting post notifications late

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Hey Ken...it's a hike from Greenfield...a couple of hours...probably leave dealership at 12-12:30...stop for a bite along the way...arrive 3 or so...leave by six...back home by 8-8:30. One of us doesn't imbibe...designated driver thing. If you're a player, call me at work...773-5455...I'm on till 8 tonight...8:30 till 6 tomorrow and we'll talk about it.
Great bunch of guys...sometimes act like old ladies...a great time...guaranteed!!

Ken
Hi Ken,
I saw a couple Ford Truck Enthusiasts thread post notifications Friday morning after work, I followed them but didn't see your reply with the "call at work" phone number until now-- (4AM Saturday!)--- work nights on a strange schedule so when not at work sometimes wind up waking up at strange hours like this]-- Anyway sounds OK to me-- kind of a long day out-- but to meet new and interesting people -- well worth it..

Saturday is a blank day right now, so will be out fooling around with the truck a while. Got that wheel off and, rather than d___ around with that bleeder screw any more I simply replaced the caliper. Let some character at the rebuild factory play with it.. They have everything it takes to extract dead bleeder screws.. -- Installed the reman caliper and new pads (might as well) -- put the anti-seize on the hub and slapped the wheel back on.... Anyway Saturday might as well dive in the other side, see how bad that wheel is to get off.

Anyway will be at or near home til mid-late afternoon. If it's not too late to talk about this, the phone # is 774-2608. By the evening I'll likely be away, Cell is (413) 512-0090 (local to Greenfield) But sometimes that doesn't get signal.

Otherwise the next GTG will be fine, too. Although (ahem) "adult entertainment venue" sounds interesting. Been years, and the one I saw wasn't too swift.

BTW I don't imbibe at all.. Not sure if such venues "require" this.. But the only fizzy liquid I drink is soda pop. But I don't mind those who do, of course.

Besides, makes me a popular commodity on New years Eve and such.

Talk to you next time!

Ken B.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 AM
gray91
Elder User
To sglaine,

sounds Ok to me.. How does this work, anyway? I can see from the posts RE the Greenfield Meet that some don't even have trucks, which is great.. Means all you have to do is like 'em.. I got one of course, but it is "seeking attention" so isn't on the road these days.. Finally getting down to fixing these things.. Then there's the gas. This F 150 4x4 has a 4spd manual but loves to drink down the gas. Runs smooth and all that, but seems to be geared for torque. Quite low, so at highway speeds the RPM is up there and so goes the gas. And that's in 2H (I have seen trucks with 2L but this has only 2H 4L and 4H. I have no idea what they would use 4L for.. Anyway that's why my rig isn't visible these days.

So let me know how this works, or even easier, where to click for info and we'll see what happens. With my schedule I can be invisible for lengths of time, too.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,099 Likes on 4,184 Posts
Hi Ken,
I saw a couple Ford Truck Enthusiasts thread post notifications Friday morning after work, I followed them but didn't see your reply with the "call at work" phone number until now-- (4AM Saturday!)--- work nights on a strange schedule so when not at work sometimes wind up waking up at strange hours like this]-- Anyway sounds OK to me-- kind of a long day out-- but to meet new and interesting people -- well worth it..

Saturday is a blank day right now, so will be out fooling around with the truck a while. Got that wheel off and, rather than d___ around with that bleeder screw any more I simply replaced the caliper. Let some character at the rebuild factory play with it.. They have everything it takes to extract dead bleeder screws.. -- Installed the reman caliper and new pads (might as well) -- put the anti-seize on the hub and slapped the wheel back on.... Anyway Saturday might as well dive in the other side, see how bad that wheel is to get off.

Anyway will be at or near home til mid-late afternoon. If it's not too late to talk about this, the phone # is 774-2608. By the evening I'll likely be away, Cell is (413) 512-0090 (local to Greenfield) But sometimes that doesn't get signal.

Otherwise the next GTG will be fine, too. Although (ahem) "adult entertainment venue" sounds interesting. Been years, and the one I saw wasn't too swift.

BTW I don't imbibe at all.. Not sure if such venues "require" this.. But the only fizzy liquid I drink is soda pop. But I don't mind those who do, of course.

Besides, makes me a popular commodity on New years Eve and such.

Talk to you next time!

Ken B.
Hey Ken B...I'll try to get hold of you later today...I never know when to call folks who work nights...don't want to interrupt their sleep...if you don't hear from me and you want to go...just meet me at Ford of Greenfield at noon on Sunday...got to make a little detour to pick up Trusty Rusty...should put us in Salisbury around 3...probably leave between 5:30 & 6:00...might utilize you as the designated driver...not cool to imbibe and drive company vehicle!!! Talk to you later...or...see you on Sunday...just show up!!

Ken

Old 07-21-2007, 09:19 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
To sglaine,

sounds Ok to me.. How does this work, anyway? I can see from the posts RE the Greenfield Meet that some don't even have trucks, which is great.. Means all you have to do is like 'em.. I got one of course, but it is "seeking attention" so isn't on the road these days.. Finally getting down to fixing these things.. Then there's the gas. This F 150 4x4 has a 4spd manual but loves to drink down the gas. Runs smooth and all that, but seems to be geared for torque. Quite low, so at highway speeds the RPM is up there and so goes the gas. And that's in 2H (I have seen trucks with 2L but this has only 2H 4L and 4H. I have no idea what they would use 4L for.. Anyway that's why my rig isn't visible these days.

So let me know how this works, or even easier, where to click for info and we'll see what happens. With my schedule I can be invisible for lengths of time, too.

Low range is like for plowing snow and pull real heavy loads around the yard and as well as off roading..

Old 07-21-2007, 11:36 AM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
This place does not require you to purchase liquor.. They do have Soda for you to wet your wistle...