Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

midsummer meet??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:37 AM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
What in the world would make you think that???
ok then ill take a 7.3.....when can i get it...jeeze i didnt think i t would be this easy...

Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,223 Likes on 4,253 Posts
Originally Posted by tattoo_skullhead
ok then ill take a 7.3.....when can i get it...jeeze i didnt think i t would be this easy...
Keith...you blew this big time...you're appointment was for Thursday the 21st...we had to give YOUR 7.3 to a guy who put it in a Pinto!!! We hope to get more in, however, they are on national backorder...I'll let you know when we can fit you in!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 12:11 PM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
Keith...you blew this big time...you're appointment was for Thursday the 21st...we had to give YOUR 7.3 to a guy who put it in a Pinto!!! We hope to get more in, however, they are on national backorder...I'll let you know when we can fit you in!!!
thats just not right......im begining to think you were just teasing me

Old 06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Back to the subject at hand please.. I want to set up a Mid Summer meet...

Old 06-23-2007, 05:21 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by sglaine
PM waiting for you BIG MAN!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 PM
dzlpwr
Senior User
Originally Posted by sglaine
Set it up then and let us know.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NHTriton
What about a girls in bikinis truck wash meet? The only problem is I don't know any hot chicks to do the job.

I wonder if Hooters does car wash events...
Bit of bad news. I heard last sunday that all the Northeast Hooters or temperarly shut down. Heard it had somthing to do with the IRS. Don't know how much truth is in it or if they actually are shut down but thats what I heard last sunday (June 24)..

The deck is hopefully being finished on 7/1.

I was planning on having people over just not sure exactly when.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Bit of bad news. I heard last sunday that all the Northeast Hooters or temperarly shut down. Heard it had somthing to do with the IRS. Don't know how much truth is in it or if they actually are shut down but thats what I heard last sunday (June 24)..

The deck is hopefully being finished on 7/1.

I was planning on having people over just not sure exactly when.

Hooter's was suposse have been closed back in April.. Check the old news out..

Old 07-18-2007, 12:42 AM
gray91
Elder User
Just joined FTE and found out about these

Great insight and thoughts from the CT folks...Shane my thoughts exactly...regional GTGs...periodic larger group gatherings (such as the Greenfield meet, CT's Dyno Day, etc.) Hopefully Ford of Greenfield will be able to justify expanding on the idea of the Big June Bash next year. I know that it has been mentioned and I have discussed the idea with the owners who whole heartedly back the idea. In order for this to happen, however, other FTE members will have to get involved in the planning and execution. sglaine, shortbed7.3, shortbed's wife Patty gave me a lot of help in planning the GTG. Matt and Patty even made a special trip to Greenfield to attend a brainstorming luncheon! Let's build some momentum!!!
Right on about why some didn't bring rigs. Some (me) don't own them...some like Dan (7283-F250) and Alec (48 Fordster) haven't got their rigs road ready yet...some like Pat (Down hill Pat) have had mechanical difficulty. We hope to see some of these guys AND their rigs in the near future.

Ken

Shame, too. I assume you mean Greenfield MA of course) because I live right here, less than 10 minutes from Greenfield Ford. Of course I wouldn't feel right showing up at meets until being in FTE for a while and getting to know some of the regulars and all that. Glad I found the site because I don't often find Ford enthusiasts in my daily dealings. Nice to know you're all out there. My F-150 is rather dull, too. Stock 1991 4x4. Hasn't seen much of the road recently because of the gas prices, and now dealing with rusted-out brake lines and stubborn rims as a result, but you guys seen like friendly, decent folks and probably even a plain stock truck would be welcome in the future.

- a different Ken

Old 07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by gray91
Shame, too. I assume you mean Greenfield MA of course) because I live right here, less than 10 minutes from Greenfield Ford. Of course I wouldn't feel right showing up at meets until being in FTE for a while and getting to know some of the regulars and all that. Glad I found the site because I don't often find Ford enthusiasts in my daily dealings. Nice to know you're all out there. My F-150 is rather dull, too. Stock 1991 4x4. Hasn't seen much of the road recently because of the gas prices, and now dealing with rusted-out brake lines and stubborn rims as a result, but you guys seen like friendly, decent folks and probably even a plain stock truck would be welcome in the future.

- a different Ken
Hey Ken...Welcome to FTE and the New England Region...you missed a great time in Greenfield...if you haven't already done it, check out the pictures in the thread titled "Talk about the Greenfield meet"...some good stuff. We're having a GTG this Sunday...a few guys getting together at an...ahem...adult entertainment venue...to have a few brews and shoot the bull...you're welcome to come along if you wish...PM me and I can give you further info and let you know when we will be leaving Greenfield. You can hitch a ride with me. I know this may not be your style...if it isn't, we will be getting together in August for something more "family oriented"...just watch the NE Region for info. We look forward to meeting you!!! While you're on line...how about joining the New England Region...it's easy!!!

Ken

Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gray Ken

Welcome

Don't worry about being on the boards for a while before showing up. Just show up. Its a great bunch of guys. Ya the CT guys are a bit crazy but thats ok. They bring the rubber and smoke with them . We all know everyone loves the smell of burnt rubber.

And try to make it one of the meets. Some are small but getting more people to them will bring even more people.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
hello boys! sorry havent posted in a while,i'm in the process of moving.keep the spirit goin,after the madness subsides,will be thinkin about a party at my new place. room for everyone!!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3
hello boys! sorry havent posted in a while,i'm in the process of moving.keep the spirit goin,after the madness subsides,will be thinkin about a party at my new place. room for everyone!!
Hopefully your moving more North closer to civilization..

Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3
Shortbed lives!!! Hope you're loving life and living it large!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
gray91
Elder User
Hey Ken...Welcome to FTE and the New England Region...you missed a great time in Greenfield...if you haven't already done it, check out the pictures in the thread titled "Talk about the Greenfield meet"...some good stuff. We're having a GTG this Sunday...a few guys getting together at an...ahem...adult entertainment venue...to have a few brews and shoot the bull...you're welcome to come along if you wish...PM me and I can give you further info and let you know when we will be leaving Greenfield. You can hitch a ride with me. I know this may not be your style...if it isn't, we will be getting together in August for something more "family oriented"...just watch the NE Region for info. We look forward to meeting you!!! While you're on line...how about joining the New England Region...it's easy!!!

Ken
Hey, sounds great.. Can't PM anyone. FTE rules inform me that can't do direct emails and such for 15 days and 50 posts.. Spammers, scammers and other bottom-feeders causing this.. So anyway how far to this gtg, how long you guys usually stay out.... Usual stuff so can tell the Bride when I'll be home, etc.

Shame the truck is under the weather.. I have my own thread going about those infamous seized rims and all the fun I'm (not) having trying to get the first one off.

Is it cool with them (FTE Management) to list an email address? Until then have to use this thread. If it is OK I'll just put it on my next post to this thread.

BTW I work nights, so I sometimes take a while to reply.

Quick Reply: midsummer meet??